Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

does this seam like a good deal, nice car? i spoke to the dealer that sold the current dealer the car, they say its a really nice car with nice paint but it shows ware. thoughts?

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
It looks nice.

I'm not qualified to give advice on that car and not many here would be unless they have seen the car personally plus have the knowledge of such cars. I would want "boots on the ground" looking it over for the money we're talking here.

Good luck with the purchase, again, it "looks" beautiful.

Allen

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
My amateur observer thoughts are it's currently in "Good Condition" but needs detailing. I also think it must be one of the least desirable of all the Shelby Mustangs from that era. There's a reason so few were produced, lack of demand. The hot tickets were/are the 500's and then KR's. If someone just wants to own a Shelby vert, well, here ya go. The color scheme is nice. As for price, I'd have to touch the car first and then do some research on that.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Specialty cars take specialized research.
I think its safe to say that most classic cars at a "dealer" is 15-20% or more than they could be had for in the real world. The trick is being at the right place at the right time to get it before a flipper/dealer does. I think its a Cherry price for an average car, that is the dealer SOP.

Funny, but it seems to me in the high end of classic sport cars, Shelbys, some 'Vettes and some Mopars, that a 'vert Shelby doesn't get the big price bump that the others get with a drop top.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Specialty cars take specialized research.
I think its safe to say that most classic cars at a "dealer" is 15-20% or more than they could be had for in the real world. The trick is being at the right place at the right time to get it before a flipper/dealer does. I think its a Cherry price for an average car, that is the dealer SOP.

Funny, but it seems to me in the high end of classic sport cars, Shelbys, some 'Vettes and some Mopars, that a 'vert Shelby doesn't get the big price bump that the others get with a drop top.
The local cosigner gets 30%.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have never seen a desirable shelby convertible under $100k that isn't a basket case. few months ago one sold on BAT for i think $80k, thats the only one I've seen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts