·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats the kit I put in my car.

I liked the kit. It had everything which was nice!

If I were to do it over again I would get the same kit but I would probably have gotten the edelbrock shocks vs the KYB Gas shocks as I hear they make for a more pleasant ride. While the 620 springs and KYBs are nice and tight I would have prefered if they were a slight bit softer.

I opted for the 4 1/2 mid-eye rear springs and really liked the way they made the car sit and ride!

If you decide to get the polyurethane busings, which is recommended to stiffen things up, make sure to lube them well or else they WILL squeak.

I have read over the years to not get the polyurethane strut rod bushings as they could cause your strut rod to snap. I personally don't have experience with this situation because I decided to use Street or Track adjustable strut rods.

To answer your question. YES I thought it was worth the money.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Personally, look in the mod and custom forum there is a post about rear sway bars, basically not needed on a "street" car. If your going to replace the spring perch, get a roller perch, same with the idler arm, if your going to replace it, get a roller one. If you would list your intentions for your car, driver, street/track etc, it would be easier for people to see if this is the right kit for what your looking to do. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does the roller part actually change?
well i'm in high school, it's my daily driver, and the closest thing to racing will be up and down main street. classic american small town stuff XD
advice noted, and thx

·
Registered
77 Posts
for what its worth, I never installed the REAR sway bar that came with the kit...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I'd talk to opentracker and see what he can do. $800 is a lot for a pretty run of the mill setup IMO. The roller idler will make it easier to steer if its MS, and since you have a 67-68 you can buy one at Autozone AFAIK. Roller spring perches make it ride and handle a whole lot better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car ahs factory PS, though the pump is dry (btw, does that mean it just needs fluid?).
i've got to go for bang-for-the-buck stuff cuz my budget for this kinda sucks.
thanks for the help guys, i'm tryin to get as much planned as i can before i pick up the car this weekend (hopefully)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
If the pump is dry, yank the belt before you kill the pump from lack of fluid. That also means it's leaking and the only sure cure I'm aware of is a professional rebuild of everything (and not the cheap replacement crap made in Latin America).

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Roller springs perches will do more for the car than just about any other upgrade. The kits do offer significant discounts, but they replace every part whether needed or not. Do try asking opentracker (www.opentrackerracingproducts.com) what he could do on a comparable kit with roller perches and possibly a roller idler arm.

John Harvey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts