Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think it’s a beautiful car that’s significantly overpriced IMO.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
73K???? Way, way overpriced...!!!

Not a bad car, with excellent documentation too, but...

Both Doors are ruined.....Some idiot put speakers in the doors....

Rear Leaf Springs not original....

The rest is pretty good.. Surprising that with all it has, It has no Deluxe Interior.

The car should be in the high 40's.....Not 73K.....

Not exactly what I'd call a "Concours" restoration either...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Do you live near there so you can see it first? I highly recommend you do before buying it.

I ask because I looked at that car a couple months ago. I do business in St. Louis and drive over to Fastlane sometimes for something to do, it's great to walk around and see the overpriced cars.
Anyway, it's not correct vintage burgandy, it has A LOT of flake in it. Also, they half assed the jambs when they painted it. I wouldn't give them any more than $30K for that car.
It's not junk but there are soooo many overlooked details and "flip it" type things that it would take a lot of work and money to make it a nice sorted out car.......just my opinion.

I will be in St Louis again next week, I can stop and take specific pics for you or look at things you have questions on.
PM me if you want.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Its desirable X4 ways from Sunday no doubt. The tweeners might be the hardest to value- Its not restored yet its not a survivor- doesn't have the high end resto-mod pieces. I think the engine has been out for detailing or rebuild and everything visible up top looks almost too good, so....

I don't feel that the reg. receipts would add to the dollar value for me, it just adds to the warm fuzzy feeling.

I think the color is pretty far off but that could be in the camera. Beware fresh paint.
Those crooked pipes bug me and should any self respecting shop or DIY guy. Was it a cheap slap job to re-sell?
It has more undercoating than i'd like to see at this price level.

To bad you can't find something like that before it go snatched by the dealers, Im thinking they marked it up ~~ $20K or more if they did the paint and few other things like the exhaust.. Many contradictions.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
What I see incorrect since I own a factory 67 GT:

Tach needle not at zero - may need to be restored
Rear seat belts, passenger rear has seat belts backwards - male buckle always on outside edge.
been said door speakers
Engine bay, apron at firewall - paint line not even with firewall, (common mistake) cars been repainted.
Engine bay passenger side on cowl - copper ground clip for hood missing, can see just the hole.
Rubber strip across radiator support missing for an S code..
Marti report states Deluxe wheel- seems to be missing...

So for that asking price, none of the above should incorrect.

Oh export brace looks aftermarket - the diff rise angle in the bends.

Drive side front bumper wrap around to fender looks OK, horizontal. the passenger side not, bends upwards.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
"Really...everything FL has is “concours”. 🙄

C'mon... Let me in in the Joke.... I missed it... I don't get it.... The Fastlane place is in Missouri......but I'm in Florida....so I guess that has something to do with it...lol...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Very Cool Car. Looks like it may have hidden issues though. I would take a close look at whats under the surface. The floor definitely has a rust hole in the tunnel area as seen in the pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Is FastLane a "broker" using the price and description provided by an anonymous owner? Or does FastLane own the car outright and accept responsibilty for the description and actual condition of the car?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Too many "little" things wrong with the car for that money. I'm guessing it's a brokered deal and the owner probably told them they want 45k for it. I had a buddy recently buy an early 70's corvette that he originally located on a brokers site. The broker wouldn't answer questions and refused to connect him to the owner so he could get more details about the car. Through some excellent detective work on my buddy's part he was able to track down the owner who wasn't even aware that the quoted price was 25k more than he wanted for the car.

He ended up buying directly from the owner, got the full skinny on the car including the fact that the tires were original and saved a bunch of money. And yes the first thing he did was put new tires on it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
^^^^^^. Totally agree. Sloppy attention to details - clean it and sell it approach.
Painted over ignition bezel, rubbed off paint on driver's door, strong probability of rusted floor in passenger side (can see cracks, etc.), remote mirror mount adjuster crooked door panel (likely missing the large slotted washer to hold in place), and it's also missing the larger sized steering wheel hub that is unique to Deluxe wheel cars. It has the standard wheel and hub instead, I don't thing the larger hub is repro'd unfortunately so it's a shame it's gone MIA. Tach needs rebuilt, etc.
Nice car but not 72K nice.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
Way over-priced!!!!!

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
That car is a nice example of the genre with numerous flaws as noted by others in this thread. For that asking price I would expect to see documentation of an MCA Gold level car (which this one clearly is not).

My '67 with comparable provenance and a boat load of factory options was not quite that high when I sold it a couple of years ago.

To the original poster, if you gotta have it, do your due diligence and, if you still gotta have it, open your wallet as wide as you can. All the seller can do is say "NO" if your number isn't high enough.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts