Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I installed a (SSBC) disk brake conversion set on top of my converted Toyota booster. The brakes worked very good but they were very sensitive. More like an on/off switch. I tried everything and decided to get rid of the booster. Today I made a testdrive without the booster.
OK, I had to get used to put quite a bit of pressure on the brake pedal, but it feels 100% better now!
I don't know why the booster worked good with the drum brakes. Maybe it has something to do with an incorrect pedal ratio. I think I keep it this way, it feels much more like a man's car now!

G

·
0 Posts
I kept my manual brake cylinder. The during the conversion from drum to disc brakes, the power vacuum booster didn't work like I had hoped it would, so I went back to the manual brake pedal and cylinder. I like the sureness of the disc brakes and the firmness and reliability of the standard brake feel.
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/E1/A4/15789793-9c61-02000180-.jpg

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason,

I still think the Mazda brakes will work. I already spent a lot of money in this project but time was running out (I wanted to drive my car in the spring) so I did put back the drum brakes on my car and shifted the Maztang project to the next winter.
In may we visited the States for a holiday and I couldn't resist to buy and bring back a complete conversion set with the Euro being so strong against the dollar.
Now the Maztang project is in a box. Maybe I'll try to finish it in the near future but it's going to cost some more time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts