Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing Sniper EFI in my 1969 and are looking for a throttle cable bracket that works well with a stock throttle cable. I have a Mr. Gasket bracket I installed that works but I don't like the way it bends the cable out to connect the throttle body linkage. What bracket works with the Sniper and stock throttle cable?

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,475 Posts
I test fit it on my Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold & it fits perfectly on the 2 rear carb mounting studs. I have not yet purchased the EFI system I am going to run.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test fit it on my Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold & it fits perfectly on the 2 rear carb mounting studs. I have not yet purchased the EFI system I am going to run.
View attachment 739159
I'm afraid you will have the same issue I have. The mounting point of the cable must be further out (closer to the valve cover) for a nice straight cable alignment. The Sniper linkage sticks out further than a carburetor.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I am installing Sniper EFI in my 1969 and are looking for a throttle cable bracket that works well with a stock throttle cable. I have a Mr. Gasket bracket I installed that works but I don't like the way it bends the cable out to connect the throttle body linkage. What bracket works with the Sniper and stock throttle cable? View attachment 739079
Lokar claims to have a bracket for Sniper.....https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-tcb-40hs1/overview/

·
Registered
84 Posts
It looks like it would line up pretty well with the bracket you have if you flip the mounting stud to the other side of the bracket attached to the butterfly (assuming that's possible on the sniper efi).
Thoughts?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flipping the mounting stud to the other side of the butterfly won't work. The cable gets in the way with the throw of the butterfly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The throttle linkage on the Sniper is crimped together at some points and not made to be disassembled. Goodby warranty and good luck if you do. Many users find the throttle too sensitive to small inputs and need to install a longer lever. SNIPER EFI THROTTLE LEVER EXTENSION
I am installing Sniper EFI in my 1969 and are looking for a throttle cable bracket that works well with a stock throttle cable. I have a Mr. Gasket bracket I installed that works but I don't like the way it bends the cable out to connect the throttle body linkage. What bracket works with the Sniper and stock throttle cable? View attachment 739079
I went with a simple cheap fix and fabricated a straight bracket extension that moves the throttle cable bracket outward 1 1/8". I'll try this for now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fast ez-EFI 304147. its a bracket for the sniper. Fits good looks clean
i tried to post a link but it was blocked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts