Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you prefer?

Any experience with both?

Is there a benefit to switching to a cable?

Trying to decide what to do on my end. I have a Holley 4150 and I'm thinking the throttle linkage might be best.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If the majority of your original pedal and linkage is in place and in good shape, it's hard to beat a good linkage as shown in your first post. I fabricated mine several years ago and have had it attached to a 600 cfm Edelbrock, a Holley 670 Street Avenger (shown in picture) and currently to a Sniper EFI.

Attachments

Reactions: Caper50

·
Registered
36,557 Posts
The 4150 is a direct swap for the stock carb. If you have a 65-68, stick with the pushrod.

Reactions: Mustmatt

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the majority of your original pedal and linkage is in place and in good shape, it's hard to beat a good linkage as shown in your first post. I fabricated mine several years ago and have had it attached to a 600 cfm Edelbrock, a Holley 670 Street Avenger (shown in picture) and currently to a Sniper EFI.
Thanks for the pic. I have a Holley 670 Avenger carb, so this is perfect.

BTW - Do you like the carb?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I put my Street Avenger on the shelf when I installed the Sniper EFI. When it was on the car, it ran well, but took a bit of tuning to get it right. It would be too much carb on a stock, or mildly built 289 IMO. Attached is the same linkage installed on the Sniper.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts