Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And we managed to hang onto it... Here it is today..
I wish they still had it but dad wrecked it and the car got sold... dad replaced it with a 66 fastback (not sure about that tradeoff!!) that he recently gave to my brother not too long ago. I got the early 65 convertible, my brother got the 66 fastback...
It would have very interesting who would have gotten the Shelby if it hadn't been wrecked/sold????:shrug:

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Makes me think back in the day, when I came across a '67 GT350 I could have purchased for $3000 smiles...... This was just $500 less than my annual salary at the time....

·
Vendor
3,769 Posts
Makes me think back in the day, when I came across a '67 GT350 I could have purchased for $3000 smiles...... This was just $500 less than my annual salary at the time....
The KR was advertised in an Orlando area "shopper" insert in the Orlando Sentinal, in 1975, with roughly 18K well-cared-for miles, and dad scored it for $2,000 even. He bought it for my mom because it had factory air-conditioning, and her 1967 GTO that we moved to Florida from Ohio with did not... The GTO is long gone (although I'm fortunate enough to own one in the same color today).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mom owned this car before she met dad... she wrecked a 69 mach1 428 cobra jet and bought this one, lol. I have no pictures of the mach1. Dad said he had many mustangs back in the day but never anything like a Shelby or mach1. He said his were always on the rougher side lol, as long as they ran strong and he could make some money on it he didn't care what it looked like too much (except for the convertible, he kept that one way tooooo long not to care about it)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
And we managed to hang onto it... Here it is today..
I like how you played that (with the vintage pic followed by the unusual revelation that you still have the car). Unfortunately, all too often pics like that are accompanied by "...and I wish I still had that car!"

To the OP, that's a very cool vintage pic- and I don't suppose your mom's name is "Sally?" :smile2:

·
Vendor
3,769 Posts
I like how you played that (with the vintage pic followed by the unusual revelation that you still have the car). Unfortunately, all too often pics like that are accompanied by "...and I wish I still had that car!"
My pops still has the 1928 Model A Sport Coupe that he bought for $50 at age 14, and restored while he was in high school. :)

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
wow great pics

after moms 64 falcon 289 gave out in about 74 she hopped into a 71 Old 442. she actually blew that up in 76 trying to pass a semi on I-91....to this day she still has a lead foot pushing the 2015 Ford Edge to its limits at times :).

wish i had pics of those cars but they seem to be long gone.

but dad still has all the original paperwork on everything he ever owned since 1957...go figure the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad yall enjoyed the pic... there's kind of a funny story behind this picture. This was at a mustang car show somewhere in Alabama, maybe Birmingham? (they lived in southern TN). They drove the car there and entered the "drivers class" but dad said that people were rolling cars off of trailers, pissed dad off lol. The whole story that they even went to a car show is hilarious because they just aren't "car show" type of people. I guarantee you they sprayed it off at some car wash and maybe and I mean maybe ran a vac cleaner through it.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Creasy: if you have the vin number from any of the old paperwork, you can contact the 69/70 Shelby registrar and he can tell you about where the car might be today. Really depends on how bad the wreck was.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm glad yall enjoyed the pic... there's kind of a funny story behind this picture. This was at a mustang car show somewhere in Alabama, maybe Birmingham? (they lived in southern TN). They drove the car there and entered the "drivers class" but dad said that people were rolling cars off of trailers, pissed dad off lol. The whole story that they even went to a car show is hilarious because they just aren't "car show" type of people. I guarantee you they sprayed it off at some car wash and maybe and I mean maybe ran a vac cleaner through it.
I love that... these cars were meant to be driven. If you ever see mine on a trailer it's being stolen.

P

·
0 Posts
I wish it was a Shelby, but here is a pic I found the other day. This is my '68, original 302 car, back when she was fairly new :) This car had the 3.50 8" rear that I blew the spiders right out of on a 1/2 shift ( factoy 4 speed as well ) LOL

and there's some decent factory panel gap as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I wish it was a Shelby, but here is a pic I found the other day. This is my '68, original 302 car, back when she was fairly new :) This car had the 3.50 8" rear that I blew the spiders right out of on a 1/2 shift ( factoy 4 speed as well ) LOL

and there's some decent factory panel gap as well.
What are holding? Looks like you're squeezing a small puppy's neck...:laugh:

Just trying to add to the legend...

Allen

P

·
0 Posts
What are holding? Looks like you're squeezing a small puppy's neck...:laugh:

Just trying to add to the legend...

Allen
It's what's left of some random Democrat's underwear after an atomic wedgie. Even in those days . . . .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts