Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used Thrush Turbo mufflers - if so what do you think?

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
You're gonna hear a lot of put downs on the Thrush Mufflers, but honestly for the money they are not too bad. I was in need of some temporary mufflers years ago and I used 2 $15 Thrush Mufflers and some of the exhaust tubing you can bend by hand... couple pieces of steel plate to hold things in place and it sounded pretty darn good.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have them under my car for 4 years now. I can't compare them with other mufflers but they sound pretty good for the money!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have them on my 289 about 3 months now (gonna dump that motor so not putting big $$$ into it)

They work. Sound is a little "tinny" - hard to describe, but they sound light and the rumble isnt deep.

Gary

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Hot Rod is short for Hot Roadsters...A Roadster is a car with no top that has been modified to go real fast...Most of the time in a straight line...

Your car fits the modified class, but is most definately a Muscle car...Pony car was a phrase coined by those trying to compete with the new Mustangs that took the market by storm...GM was caught off guard as usual with inferior and outdated technology...It took them two years to come up with the Camaro (a fine car itself) in order to compete...

Around here all of us with modified muscle cars of any denomination (Ford, GM, Mopar) call our cars Hot Rods...

We say things like, "You gonna take the Hot Rod out this weekend?"

So the bottom line to this is what ever floats your boat!!!!

Mel :: :: ::

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Whooops replied to the wrong thread!!!!

Oh well never mind....

Mel ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts