Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought you might enjoy this. Pics. of 427 SOHC. The [color:blue]FORD 427</font color=blue> is the King of the killer big blocks. It kicked butt everywhere it raced, including Lemans.
Look HERE

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I kinda know a guy (he bought some furniture from me when I was working at the furniture store) that put a cammer in a 69 Mach I. It was actually the cover car for Mustangs & Fords a couple of years ago (if you keep the old ones, go back and look for it). The story goes that he had a 69 Mach many years ago and had a cammer in that one. He ended up wrecking it (and the engine too, I think). He wanted another one so he built one that was even better than the first. This thing is sweet. If you can find the old issue, it's worth checking this bad boy out. The guy was a millionare and had about 10 cars under construction and some finished. I was able to get a pic of his green 68 GT500KR fastback at a show a few years ago too. To top it all off, he's a helluva guy. He gave our delivery guys a tour of his "garage" where all the cars were. I was wishing I had taken that delivery but I didn't know about the cars when he first came in. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts