Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember I recently bought a '67 fastback in California without having personally seen the car (pics only, I live in Michigan). Used DAS shipping at the seller's recommendation. DAS initially told me average shipping time from CA to MI is 10 days. Once they got my money DAS said plan on about 14 days for shipping. The car sat at the DAS hub in Folsum, CA for a week. 3 days after that it made it to Denver. The car has now sat in Denver for 6 days. I've complained to the company but they aren't even pretending to care. Won't be using DAS again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem. I have been in your position twice. The anticipation of seeing the "new" car makes any delay intolerable. My recent purchase was shipped by Passport. They were 5 days late picking up the car in West Virginia. But then they drove it straight through ..... arriving at my place in Frankenmuth late the next day. Good communication though ....... They "answered the phone" and followed up. I know you will get your "new" Mustang sometime soon. I hope your seller was like mine ..... left all kinds of things I should have asked for (Original owner's manual, receipts for recent repairs, original parts he had replaced, etc.) Best of luck. Perhaps see you at the Stampede to Dearborn? Rick

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
I have used DAS twice in the past with pretty good results.
The first was from Mich. to NJ. It tokk the full 10 days they quoted.
The second was from MA to NJ. That took 8 days.
Both times it did sit at one of their terminals for days but it was within the quoted delivery time and they were friendly and nice when I called them and they guy that delivered the car also.
They were also the cheapest by far. I would use them again if I wasn't in a rush to get the car.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I am not going to the west coast at this time, But for hauls in the midwest and east let me give you a quote. Your car will be picked up and delivered to you, no waiting for another truck at some depot. I do this part time(I have a full time job), insured, take care with your car(fellow mustang owner Boss 302)and my prices are very reasonable.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Tell your experiences on the BBB website. SWMBO looked there at every auto shipper's customer feedback before she shipped her car.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I've got a really good company that I have been dealing with on all of our shipping. They have yet to dissapoint me or the customer. Sorry to hear about DAS. I had a similar situation before I found the company I work with now, that hauled my 66 T-bird vert. from the east coast to the west coast, and they did a good job, but took a month after I was told it would be to me in 10 days as well.

The company I use now really trys to accomodate our needs, I just found out last week they even do International! ::

Let me know if you decide to transport a car again, and I'll pass the info on!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And to top it off, the odometer doesn't work. I keep getting these nightmares about DAS employees taking joyrides in my car. :: I'd love to make the Stampede, but I'll have to see what condition the car is in first. I think a visit to the BBB site is a darn good idea

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
My experience with DAS was not good. It took over 3 weeks to get my 65 from from Kentucky to CA in an enclosed trailer (they said 7 days). The car was coverd in sand when it came off the truck. The driver said a wind storm in Arizona actually got into his sealed truck?? Clutch was gone, had to have it towed to a shop and have it fixed (DAS would not cover it), both doors and trunk had body damage from pry marks left by someone trying to break in (luckily Hagerty insurance took care of this for me). I will never have another car shipped. I will borrow or rent a trailer and go get it.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I had no problems shipping from AZ to WA. DAS told me it'd be up to 14 days, but probably less. Made arrangements on Nov 4, picked up on Nov 6, arrived at the terminal Nov 16, delivered Nov 17. No damage, no surprises. It could have been faster had I been interested in paying more.

I would be happy to use them again, myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts