Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything better than driving your vintage Mustang, enjoying the breeze with the windows down and floor vents open, the sound of the engine in its power band, the smells of a clean patinaed interior and hot metals, the good vibrations of the engine and subtle feel of the road or track under you?
It's even better when you get the friendly smile, the "I remember..." from an older gentleman, the "Ooooo pretty car!" from a lady, the "Cooool..." from a teenager, the "MUSTaaaaaaaang..." from a little kid. And a thumbs-up from someone in their Mustang too. So, here's my thumbs up to you ! ! !
Let's go for a drive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the consistent 95* + days we have had for 4 months now I prefer the windows up and the A/C on.
Fall has arrived and we have finally gotten a reprieve in the evenings. PERFECT cruising weather. I love this time of year.

·
Premium Member
6,799 Posts
Or how about I was gassing up and the attractive woman at the next pump over approached and started gushing over the car and then tried to, well, flirt with me. Then she saw my wife was in the car giving her a death stare. That happened today, and we laughed all the way home. Okay, mostly I laughed. Pammy Jo didn't see it as very funny.
My wife has still got it. :smile2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Amen! I can't count the number of times I've been getting fuel or stopped somewhere and people gather around Diane to reminisce or look at her innards. A nice lady at the gas pump recently told me she loved the classic looks instead of the customized restomod versions.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've noticed a lot of people taking pics lately. At stop lights someone will creep up next to you with phone in hand while driving or I'll catch them in my rearview.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Spring Fever is better than any other virus !
Catch it if you're crusing, even with the windows down !
20190706_190212.jpg

Reactions: ginpunk and Gecko

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
This past Saturday I installed a power steering cooler on my car and drove it to the gas station for a test. Wow, I got a lot of waves, thumbs-up and even a Ronnie James Dio "Sign of the Horns".

The first time I took Mrs. Klutch for a drive in the Mach 1 she kept saying, "Looks like someone you know is waving". I kept replying, "I don't know that guy/woman". To which she would reply, "Then why are they waving?". She finally figured out it was people saying they liked the Mustang! She was quite blown away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts