Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am only 17 and already got my frst ticket for doing 60 in a 40 zone..... i was wondering how many tickets everyone got in here and for what? cops dont let us have any fun :(... they always seem to do the U turn on me and follow me :: but atleast they didnt throw on their party lights!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well I would love to tell you how many tickets that I have recieved in my short life however I stopped keeping track when I was threatened by a judge that he was going to hit me with "Habitual Traffic Violator".

Currently I am just lucky my wife works for the court and has freinds...I am currently on probation in 2 county's and 4 different city's for speeding....just cant seem to slow down unless my boy is in the car with me.

Just ask for probation or defferal program and it won't go on your record. GOOD LUCK as soon as the local police have there eye's peeled for your particular car it's seems that you end up in more trouble then most.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Have had 2 tickets in 18 years, they were both 16 years ago. Speeding and a rolling stop. According to my husband, I have been very lucky, cause he thinks I drive like a maniac.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Rolling Stop, 1985 and 2 speeding tickets 2001 within 2 months of each other. Go to traffic school. You can do that once a year.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have had 1 in my 20yrs of driving, It was 75 in a 55 at 2am

First plead not guilty on the ticket
Use your breasts to your advantage in court, usually gets ticket knocked down
Finally, Obey speed limits, Insurance companies love to raise your rates for moving violations.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I ALMOST got a ticket for 130 in a 55 zone when I was 16! Lucky for me I decided to slow all the way down to 70 just before I breezed by the hiding spot of the highway patrol man (it was pure luck, no radar detector or anything). so I got a ticket for "only" 70 mph in a 55 mph. Ended up getting off pretty easy, I went to the local justice of the peace two exits down the road, and paid the ticket right then. I was on a date and the justice of the peace initially thought my date and I were eloping and that we wanted him to marry us (I was so scared about the ticket that I was clueless to this whole dynamic), in the end he thought the whole experience was so funny that he only fined me $25 or $30 bucks - I found out later that the ticket "should" have been $150! (That's in 1979 dollars so the amounts would be about $50 and $300 in today's dollars respectively).

I got one other speeding ticket a few years later (1985 I think) for doing 40 in a 30 - ended up getting thrown in jail over that one (long story).

I got a ticket for an illegal U-turn in 1979 as well, and one other ticket when I got cited as being at fault for an accident in 1998 or so.

John Harvey

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wanna hear the story of how 40 in a 30 earned you the "adult timeout"....

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Second to last one I recieved was 80 mph in a 40 mph.
Which was really shocking to both the officer and me. He was shocked that I was still in first gear and also the fact that I stopped. First thing out of my mouth was"are you sure ...dang i could've swore that speedo has been calibrated...but 80 in first WoW! this thing is faster than i thought."
He told me "I really was thikin you were goin to out run me!"
"All I saw was your tail lights disappearing!"
Of course my attitude and respect for the law got me down to 9 miles over the limit ::... talk nice when you know your in the wrong and things can be so smooth.
My buddy in the passenger seat was dying the whole time.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Been driving for 32 years, I have had only 2 tickets in that time. They were within 24 hrs. of each other, speeding on Hwy 99. One going North, one going South. The bad thing was they were within 2 miles on the same Hwy ::. The second ticket I gave the cop the first ticket to get the info to fill out the second :eek:. About 18 hrs apart.

Stupid

·
Registered
466 Posts
i got one with in the first few months of driving to school, i still only think he gave me the ticket b/c i was a kid in my "fast looking" mustang. 64 in a 55 at 6 in the morning and i had seen ppl pass me on the way. been pulled over 2 times since then but no tickets :D

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I've had too many to talk about, so I'll tell you about the one I DIDN'T get yesterday. I left Garden City, KS at 04:30 yesterday morning and had already driven over 800 miles when this happened. I was heading south on Hiway 260 south of Payson, AZ. In the mountains, it was 55 MPH speed zone for a long way, and I was in a hurry to get back to Mesa so I could get my dog from the sitter. This Chevy Avalanche and I had been passing each other and running 65 or 70 most of the time on a 4 lane. I'm in the outside lane overtaking the Chevy (again), when we topped a hill, and there was the patrolman sitting facing us. I got on the brakes (you know, the involuntary reaction), and the Chevy just kind of kept going. Long story::short, the poor guy in the Chevy got pulled over, and I kept going. Wheeew!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i learned my lesson... NO MORE PARTY LIGHTS FOR ME.. was in my dads car..they couldof gave me more tickets for the tinted windows that u cant see through..but he was cool.. and i didnt have my insurance card on me...i just had to go to traffic school... and it was pretty fun.. better then regular schoo ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Blew by a radar trap doing 100 in a 45 zone on my 20th birthday. Got lucky with the officer and had reduced it for me.Talk nice and being polite helps. Although , it took him several mile to catch me, and that was only because i had slowed right down in speed for i was almost where i was going to, a farm out in the middle of nowhere. If i had just kept the pedal to the metal he would never had found me. Good thing he didn't look under the seat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have gotten a TON of tickets from 16-18 years of age (many years ago)....I got pulled the day I got my drivers license but the cop was so shocked that he just lectured me and didn't give me a ticket...My first car was a 1977 Mustang Cobra II (the Charlies Angels car as I think of it).....The best ticket I got though was in a 1971 Mach1 and I was doing doughnuts behind the old Pabst Brewery.....As the large amounts of smoke cleared I could see the cop sitting there waiting for me to finish...That one earned me three tickets....I got out of all three because the cop never showed up for court.....Today however I have substantially matured but those were fun days.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well from 16-18 I averaged atleast 2 tickets a month. In 1993 I parked my 82GT for a little over a year because insurance got upped to $2177 every 6 mos. (I was at school and really didn't need my own car anyways) Its really bad when you get pulled over and they already know who you are. :: I am a more cautious driver now, it's not worth the risk. I would rather spend the $$ on new toys rather than throw it away on stupid mistakes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts