Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
WOW! so that is what a Mustang engine compartment is supposed to look like.. Been so long I really forgot.. Awesome nice job

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job! I had to look twice because it looks so much like my '66 when I finished installing it.

View attachment 749851
Nice job! I had to look twice because it looks so much like my '66 when I finished installing it.

View attachment 749851
Looks FANTASTIC! Can't wait to get mine back together like that. Just finished all new brake lines and hoses today. Received my new ACP aluminum Max Core radiator, hoses and radiator cap from NPD yesterday and will be putting in tomorrow. The radiator looks so nice I'm considering not painting it!? After that it's just a matter of hooking all the wiring and miscellaneous stuff up and the engine will be done.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Looks FANTASTIC! Can't wait to get mine back together like that. Just finished all new brake lines and hoses today. Received my new ACP aluminum Max Core radiator, hoses and radiator cap from NPD yesterday and will be putting in tomorrow. The radiator looks so nice I'm considering not painting it!? After that it's just a matter of hooking all the wiring and miscellaneous stuff up and the engine will be done.
I've done many of those same upgrades. FYI, I did not replace new the ignition/gauge sensor wiring harness from the firewall to the distributor and the alternator harness when I put everything back together. It was a later source of an engine fire this past January doing $1k damage. You may want to inspect or replace yours as cheap insurance.

I did paint my ACP aluminum Max Core radiator to look like OE. I found out the PB boosters were painted black after it was installed and brakes bled. Didn't feel it was worth pulling it back out. Good luck on initial start. Be sure to update us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done many of those same upgrades. FYI, I did not replace new the ignition/gauge sensor wiring harness from the firewall to the distributor and the alternator harness when I put everything back together. It was a later source of an engine fire this past January doing $1k damage. You may want to inspect or replace yours as cheap insurance.

I did paint my ACP aluminum Max Core radiator to look like OE. I found out the PB boosters were painted black after it was installed and brakes bled. Didn't feel it was worth pulling it back out. Good luck on initial start. Be sure to update us.
Will do. Your engine compartment looks great! I've done a few things different than factory just because I like the looks a little better: sticker on master cylinder cap, satin chrome radiator cap, etc. I did put all new wiring in the engine compartment (gauge feed, headlight feed, and alternator harness) after messing with the old. All that's old is the fog light wiring someone added and the wiring from the pertronix to the coil so hopefully all should be good. What paint did you use on your radiator?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I used Eastwood Radiator Black Gloss Finish on the ACP aluminum radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts