Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to install a pair of 3 point belts in my project. I've been looking online (Andover, Julianos, RetroBelt) and most seem to look about the same. I am installing ProCar Rally's in the car. Would you opt for the fixed stiff arm or the soft adjustable strap? Most sites seem to recommend the fixed stiff arm for bucket seat applications. I have a console (stock) for the car I may or may not use with the seat belt holders that may better suit the soft strap. Would like some feedback on this before I pull the trigger, would love to see some pics. The interior is coming along nicely and I wanna keep the progress rolling!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not go with a 5 point harness? Much safer in an "incident" than a shoulder stock style 3 point.
russ
I could be wrong but don't I need a roll bar or something for a 5-point? Seems overkill really, hell I can't ever remember wearing the lap belt. :shrug:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went 3 point for my (then) daily driver '65. Thought I wanted manual belts until I realized I couldnt reach the radio or lights! Went inertial recoil and have been happy with them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I could be wrong but don't I need a roll bar or something for a 5-point? Seems overkill really, hell I can't ever remember wearing the lap belt. :shrug:
Seems a little overkill to me too. I could see maybe a 4-point, but I'd think 3 would be fine for a street car.

My last Mustang had the separate lap and shoulder belts and it worked fine for me. However, my current Mustang just has the lap, so I figure I'll do a 3-point harness in the not too distant future. I'd be curious to see how yours turns out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
No one has pics of their 3 point belts? :0/
Not the best, but here you go. Like you said, they all looked the same, so I got the best deal I could find. They turned out a bit short (I'm 200lb and they barely had enough extra for me to reach the radio) so I installed an extension. Mine's a 68, so I was able to find the nut through the upholstery and cut a small hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts