Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title-How many will now have the time to work on their project, pass time sheltered, and at same time have limited exposure to others?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Next week is my last week of work. I've already purchased the parts to complete my current project on the Mach 1, then I reckon I'm done until the economy improves. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm still seeing patients but on a reduced schedule and of course, I finished my car last week!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Time to add torque boxes! Eventually, on the other side of this God willing, I'm probably going to need to find another job.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Seems I can have money and no time or time and no money. Appears, time is the gift of the day. Given a good tax return that wasn't promised several times over, I would love to replace my 1 1/8 FR 16:1 steering box with a 1" shaft 16:1 box and a quick steer kit. I think that would be the bomb with my EPAS steering in this year's Autocrosses, but alas, that's $500 I can't quite scrape just now. It is next on my wish list though...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Ive got a Borgeson PS box to wrestle into the 65 and a heater core to replace.

Im still collecting parts for the 200 to 250 swap into the 67. Another $400 and I will have everything I need.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am taking 2 weeks off to see how things are going Covid-19 wise. I finished putting in Classic Auto Air this week. Will be charged next week.

I’m in WA a few miles from the Kirkland Coronavirus epicenter. I’m retiring in 3 months but may retire sooner.

Allen.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I’m still driving it. On runs to essential services of course. For example when I work on something it’s essential I go for a 10-20 mile test drive. I’ve already sorted the PS return hose leak with the stock clamp instead of a regular screw clamp. Got the oil pressure gauge sorted. Insufficient ground in the dash. I’ll fab a mount for it and the water temp gauge. Fixed a couple of vacuum leaks at the carb. During that the ground in the distributor came loose. I’ll kill some time by cleaning up the engine bay a bit, powder coat the fan and paint the radiator. There’s an issue with the fast idle cam/set up. I’ll have to sort that. The big project is getting the chassis/cage fab on the Ranger finished.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Giving serious thought to replacing the 17" stock size radiator with a 24" one to better control cooling. Anybody done one recently?

Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
Giving serious thought to replacing the 17" stock size radiator with a 24" one to better control cooling. Anybody done one recently?

Gary
Looking to do the same thing..Watched a vid from jo daddy’s garage doing the same thing..Also there was an article in Mustang 360..I’m no where ready to drive my car but there will be mods to the core support..

·
Registered
599 Posts
My ‘65 is in paint, so there are only limited things I can do Mustang-related right now. We were just put on a 30 day shelter-in-place and only essential businesses are open, so I doubt much will get done on it for awhile. In fact, the shop owner says they have serious concerns as to whether they will survive this, as their business has essentially stopped. I really hope I don’t get a half-finished car back, but more importantly I hope they can continue to provide for their family.

I have gotten both front seats upholstered, though.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
I'm a electrician in a school system so while the teachers and admin are working from home, I'm not. Every day last week we would hear we would get a couple days off but nothing materialized.

While I was working on some projects on my 66, I'm not home. I work out of state during the week and do to the virus, stuck in NJ. I'm not sick or my wife and daughter. We thought it best.

·
Registered
798 Posts
As the title-How many will now have the time to work on their project, pass time sheltered, and at same time have limited exposure to others?
I have already called you with 2 of my steering projects, so you know my status. I just need to get those steering boxes shipped before the UPS Store gets shut down.

Though, i am working from home as my office is in Kirkland, WA, but my team is distributed. Tech field keeps me working from wherever I go.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Mountianeer I would be glad to help but Im in Warner Robins. Im doing the drop on my 67 as soon as I get off my butt and go in the garage.

Also Im a Sooner and my wife is a Volunteer, so Im not so sure how that would work out.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts

Gary
I went from the '65 size to what was the '67+ small size. You still need to change the battery tray but with that one you only need to trim ~1" from each side of the opening and there is still some metal left on the sides to more easily mount with nuts/bolts the "easy way".

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just got mine back from paint a couple weeks ago. Been ordering parts. My job of patrolling the streets means it's business as usual for me. Hope to get the front and rear suspension cleaned up and repainted this week so I can get it off the cart its been on for the past 5 years.

Andy

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I have already called you with 2 of my steering projects, so you know my status. I just need to get those steering boxes shipped before the UPS Store gets shut down.

Though, i am working from home as my office is in Kirkland, WA, but my team is distributed. Tech field keeps me working from wherever I go.
I received an email from my local UPS store advising they are considered critical and will remain open. That's the way it is in Colorado, anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts