Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the purchase of the 1969 Mach 1, I've found myself lacking in space. It's been decided to sell the 1966. Today was picture day. It was an 8 year restoration. I learned a lot. I don't usually get attached to things, but today was a little sad.

I think I'm going to list it nationally, perhaps through Hemmings. Any advice would be welcomed.

008.jpg

011.jpg

019.jpg

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What does "its been decided" mean? Is it your decision? If not then I'd try to find a way to keep it. How many people have you heard say "I wish I would have kept that car?" Good Luck either way.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been thinking about it for a couple months now. We are renting storage now. Money that could be spent on the Mach 1. Hard decision. Today, my Wife and I took it out for a drive. The AM radio on, the AC working, it was a relaxing time.

This is the ad that started it all:

035.jpg

The friend that helped me get it home thought I was joking. My wife was at work that day, and cleaned out all the rat feces before she got home. The neighbors laughed and made fun of me for years...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I couldn't bear to part with a labor of love over the newest model. If I did that, I'd be on my 7th Mustang and probably just as many wives ! ! Haha ! !

Got MyFirstCar in 1992.
Got MyFirstWife in 1999.
I hope they're both my last ! !

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
myfirstcar66, I follow you on the Build forum. Love the emberglo!!
Married in 1999 myself. She's still with me, even with the car issues. She doesn't want to sell, but knows what I can do with the Mach 1. Very tempting to keep it...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is the 69 drivable? Does it require a multi-year restoration? If you have to wait eight years to drive another classic mustang, that’s gonna suck! Great job on the 66, you really showed the stupid neighbors! Bet they’re all sorts of jealous seeing you and the wife cruise that beauty.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I sold a 67 coupe when I was younger to buy a 67 fastback. The coupe needed floors and rust repair. It wasn't worth it at the time to keep it. It was in now way anywhere near as nice as your coupe, that's why I didn't mind parting with it. I guess you can't keep them all.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Beautiful job on the 66 and I'm sure the Mach 1 will turn out even better!

·
Registered
314 Posts
My 66 has to go bye-bye when I hit the end of my cash in the 69 budget. It will be the last thing "liquidated" since I think I would get in a rush and cut corners on the new build if I didn't have a classic to run around in. I don't blame you for having priorities, but my gosh! That coupe is nice!!! KEEP THEM ALL!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts