Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I need auto parts/tools/accessories, I've always assigned a certain "quality level" when deciding where to get them.....internal engine parts are jegs/summit/maybe napa, water pumps/alternators from autozone, etc....

Went to napa to get some misc supllies and tools for my upcoming engine build.....picked up a tool with a brown woodgrain handle, got home nd opened the package....

THE HANDLE WAS PLASTIC!!!!!!!!

Now I grant you the tool I got doesnt need to be very strong, but come the #@$#^@** on!!! plastic with a fake woodgrain? Why not just make it black plastic?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
was there another one there with a black plastic handle that you passed up to buy the simulated wood grain?

G

·
0 Posts
You said "picked up" ? The junk out front? They keep all the good stuff behind the
counter. I get most of my tools from napa and they last. Use their tool catalog, about
the size of a sears and robuck big book, for a reference.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
As an engineer I can tell you that the fake woodgrain was engineered in that handle so that anyone who is watching you work will not think you are some cheap &*()[email protected] who buys tools with plastic handles.
Added benifiet of this is it also does fool a lot of customers who dont want to go back to the store to exchange it, they just want to get the job done and will use the plastic one once they have paid for it.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Plastin Melts
Wood Burns
Metal Conducts

That's why I work on my car using telekinesis.

This also has the benefit of keeping my hands and clothing clean, as a matter of fact.......I am changing my oil right now while I sit at my desk typing this reply......oh darn, I still drop the nut into the pan even using my mind. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
0 Posts
But they are doing some nice things with simulated vinyl these days..

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts