Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to slather my rusty coupe in Corroless, as I did the fastback. Really good peace of mind stuff...

BUT, I don't really like the rust red color of the stuff. Has anyone ever tried tinting it black? I assume this could be done by my local paint shop, without comprimising effectiveness (although I have not contacted Eastwood).

Of course I could always topcoat black, but wouldn't it be nice to skip a step ! TIA - Dickson

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Why not go with POR15 in black? I understand they are about the same in effectiveness...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
POR-15 is UV sensitive, and thus requires a topcoat - that's the step I'm hoping to skip ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
It fades a little but stays effective. If you are using it inside quarters and the engine compartment it will fade to the flat finish that is the proper look in the engine compartment. As far as undercoating and inside quarters they wont see much light to fade...just a thought...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. I'm going to call Eastwood anyway...I'll report what they say. Thanks - Dickson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts