Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a fist full of products out there for detailing tires, but what have you found that won't leave that brown film on the tires once the shine has gone away?
What has anybody found that will remove this film? Is there one of these products that won't leave this film?

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,754 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Black Magic Tire Wet I would not steer you wrong!

I heard about this stuff on a web site that explained how to detaiil cars. You just spray it on and there is no wiping. It lasts for weeks or months. It is truly amazing!

Is is not real glossy and does not look phoney. It makes the tires look like they are new and just came from the tire store!

And I am not getting paid to say this! I have no stock in the company! I have tried all the others including Armour All. This stuff is better!

Gene J

G

·
I agree on the tire wet. It doesn't make it look like you used future floor wax on it.

Does a great job and lasts real well. Just use a seperate rag to wipe the tops of the white letters if you have them.

Bill

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw all the posts the other day, but nobody addressed the brown film that is left behind after the treatment wears off. I know I could just re-apply and the tires look good again, but the film is just building up. Looking for a product that will clean this yuk off and maybe another that won't leave it to begin with. Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,511 Posts
I scrub my tires with Simple Green and a brush and that usually does the trick. If it's really bad try **** and Span and a scrubbing pad (not steel wool!).

·
Registered
562 Posts
As Laurie said: a good scrubbing with simple green, and a rinse and your done. Mark

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bleach White (it's actually spelled Bleche White) is the best to clean off the brown stuff and strip the old tire dressing off the tire. Simple green is good too, but Bleche white will make the white lettes/white wall look like new. I've also used tire dressing remover by Blue Magic, and it is GREAT! But, I can't find it around here anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts