Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to the buying tires online and having them shipped to your home, Is www.tirerack.com worth buying from? or should I stick with buying from belle tire or other local tire store, prices look great at tirerack. $58 ea. for 225/60/15. Let me know what you think of thier store.

·
Administrator
13,032 Posts
My son just bought 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s. He ordered them at about 3:30 and the next morning at 9AM they were delivered! He had them mounted at Costco for $9. He has used TireRack for about 6-8 tires and loves them.
Stan

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I bought a set of BFGs from them, and it was a good experience. My only beef was that I ordered a set in a size the VMF told me would fit (and it did) and they called back and said that it was somehow an unsafe size for the car/application. I'm not sure what or how that was determined - probably just some nutty corporate formula. ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
All of my experiences with tirerack have been positive.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I buy all my tires from Tire Rack.
The downside is the cost of having them mounted and balanced, then rotated, and if you ever have a problem you're dealing with someone over the phone...

But Tire rack has always done me fair and square, I recommend them!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I like therack also, some local tire stores may match the rack price plus shipping, my local "wheel works" will.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have bought something like 8 sets from them over the past 15 years or so, and the only time I have had a bad experience was when I disregarded their advice and bought a set of H rated BFGs for a Caprice (sorry-tow vehicle) and they didn't stay round. I can't really fault them for that. Every other experience without exception has been quite positive. Buy with confidence.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I've been buying tires from them for many years. Never had a bad experience! Anymore, I don't even think about buying anywhere else, not because of the savings but just because it's so easy.
You will likely save money, but the key is knowing you can have them mounted locally for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Nothing but Kudos from me. I got my Dunlops you see in my sig pict from them. Even after shipping and paying someone local to mount & balace, I came out way ahead. They have an excellent selection and most of the time your local dealer will have to order your size anyway. Their customer service is top notch also.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I bout a set 2 years ago when I was in TX and it was such a deal, got them on closeout for 17 tires foe $70 each, regular price was $150. Now, my second set I bought last year from tire rack also but I'm in Hawaii. The tires with shipping was cheaper than buying the same ones locally. Go figure. Love them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've bought both track tires and snow tires at Tire Rack, very happy with each transaction

1 - 12 of 12 Posts