Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As a point of reference, new Mustangs sold in California in 1965 came from the factory with a PCV valve. Starting in '66 they came from the factory with the PCV and the Thermactor air pump. By the mid 1970's the NoX retrofit program attempted to have most all '66-'70 year model cars fitted with one of the "approved" NoX devices. That program was rescinded part way through the implementation so some cars got the NoX devices and some didn't. Fast forward to today and smog inspections for registration and transfer of ownership purposes no longer apply to pre-1976 year model cars.
I know it is a 65. Not a 64.5 , I will get an authorized by state inspector do the inspection and get it retitled as a 65. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
35,478 Posts
Some states use "Year of Manufacture" and other use "Model Year". Both sources for the original Title came from the MSO/MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin). Unless it really, really bugs you I'd just leave it be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some states use "Year of Manufacture" and other use "Model Year". Both sources for the original Title came from the MSO/MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin). Unless it really, really bugs you I'd just leave it be.
Insurance company pulled it up as a 65. So insurance card shows 65 and registration shows 64. That discrepancy won't look good to police officer if if get pulled over. Then I would have to explain all this to the judge. So why not get it fixed to avoid any problems in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I moved to SC and titled my car here the clerk asked me mileage I was honest and told her try mileage unknown since I had put a new speed odometer in the car her reply was how many miles does it read.... 3200... So I now have a 65 fastback that's titles as only having 3200 miles.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Proof of insurance card will have the VIN. Read the many threads here about title errors and decide if you really want to pursue this. As long as the VINs all match there shouldn't be any suspicion that a crime was committed. Some states might easily correct this and other states will need a federal investigation and then issue a replacement VIN that comes out of a computer with a sticker to put on the car. Then the original VIN is gone forever.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Insurance company pulled it up as a 65. So insurance card shows 65 and registration shows 64. That discrepancy won't look good to police officer if if get pulled over. Then I would have to explain all this to the judge. So why not get it fixed to avoid any problems in the future.

Any reasonable police officer will realize it's a DMV issue when the VINs all match, or won't even notice.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I think having a BAC of .12, 2 machine guns, and 1.4 kg of bagged white products, and a dead body in the back seat MAY be more of an issues than 64 65 65 on paperwork.

Just me 2 cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Your right. I called the insurance company, explained that the title shows 64. They said no problem, re-wrote the insurance policy to reflect the car as a 64. So both match. Thanks
I think having a BAC of .12, 2 machine guns, and 1.4 kg of bagged white products, and a dead body in the back seat MAY be more of an issues than 64 65 65 on paperwork.

Just me 2 cents
That's funny.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts