Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the install of a TKO600 from American Powertrain in a 66 coupe. No tunnel modification was required, but I did need to remove the center of the transmission cross brace. The transmission fits well. I used the full kit from American Powertrain which came with a bell housing for SBF (I have a 289), driveshaft (have to send in measurements after tranny install), and crossmember. I also installed a hydraulic throwout bearing from Modern Driveline while I had it all apart. Overall, I am very pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finished the install of a TKO600 from American Powertrain in a 66 coupe. No tunnel modification was required, but I did need to remove the center of the transmission cross brace. The transmission fits well. I used the full kit from American Powertrain which came with a bell housing for SBF (I have a 289), driveshaft (have to send in measurements after tranny install), and crossmember. I also installed a hydraulic throwout bearing from Modern Driveline while I had it all apart. Overall, I am very pleased.
That's the set up I am looking at doing on the 67 I'm building for a guy. What did the whole works end up costing if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Interesting that the shifter looks to be offset to the right of the hole in the floor. My T5 sits nearly perfect centered in the hole.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I, too, was thoroughly pleased with MDL and the full kit, short of driveshaft and clutch that they provided for my '73. It just works with the 3:50 rear and 427 Windsor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts