Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else use the full length TMI console? I'm running a 4r70w and waiting on the TCI outlaw x shifter to arrive. Its touching the classic auto air hvac box, so I might need to cut it a bit. Just wanted to see how far you may have yours forward...

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you trim the fiberglass and not the vinyl it will form nicely around the box. Mine required quite a bit of trimming, it’s out right now so I’ll try and take a picture of the cuts shortly. I have mine all the way up under the dash so it flows nicely, quite a bit further back than your initial mockup.

Reactions: cturboaddict

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, if you could grab a side shot that would be awesome. I think it needs to match up with the base of the dash.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
519 Posts
You can see how I trimmed mine to get it in there all the way. I have mind so where it rolls down towards the DIN opening is flush with where the dash tucks under flat.

Reactions: cturboaddict

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm running lokar shifter with 4r70w, i had to trim the fiberglass a lot to get it to fit how i want, you just lift up on the vinyl wrap, trim/grind with a carbide bit or dremel then push down the vinyl.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Which console did you guys order? TMI makes one for a/c and w/o a/c. I ordered the one with a/c and on mock up it seems to fit fine so far. I too have a 4r70W in my car. However, we modified a stock shifter to work with it.
Here is a few picks of mine. I could not tell the difference between the 2 on TMI's website
176.jpg Console3.jpg

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which console did you guys order? TMI makes one for a/c and w/o a/c. I ordered the one with a/c and on mock up it seems to fit fine so far. I too have a 4r70W in my car. However, we modified a stock shifter to work with it.
Here is a few picks of mine. I could not tell the difference between the 2 on TMI's website
View attachment 752284 View attachment 752283
I ordered without AC. But I'm running classic auto air. I figured it would have a gigantic notch for the big ac pod that is traditional to the 66 mustang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts