Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new, never installed fiberglass headliner with the smooth vinyl. Includes A post covers. I've had it a few years, and in looking at the current models for sale, it mentions a "foam backing" so they may have been updated. If that is the case, then the one I have is not the same. I read a lot of people having trouble installing these fiberglass versions, but I only want $50 to get it out of here, so maybe worth a shot to someone.
Located in Plano, TX, so local pickup preferred. I can ship, but it'll probably be expensive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked with UPS yesterday, and shipping to CA was astronomical. No idea why but hopefully someone near dfw is interested...

·
Registered
65 Mustang fastback, GT350 clone
27 Posts
So I had a fiberglas hood to ship, same scenario, cheap part expensive shipping. Wound up putting it on Greyhound for a flat rate. Anyway, worth looking into.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im going to assume this does not fit a 1966 coupe headliner? Im in Keller

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the coupe set has matching pieces for the rear roof sections or B posts? Other than that I’m not sure. The pictures on CJPP look like the rear edge is different.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never mind - you're right. Fastback is cut different than coupe. Good luck with sale!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I was looking at some coupe photos compared to my car, and the roof is definitely very different. Thanks for your interest!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts