Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking pricing, CJ's and others, and the set less than a month ago was just over $500. Today I checked and they are just over $800. Really, $300 more?! Seems all the suppliers have bumped as well. Guess I'll wait to buy and hope the pricing goes back down a bit.

·
Spammer Hammer
10,840 Posts
Don’t hold your breath!!! Gas prices reported in CA last week are over $6/gal. Guess what that does to all the products being delivered.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Breaking mews.....Bmcgc isnt buying TMI seat covers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
February’s extreme winter weather was severely disruptive to the petrochemical industry in the Gulf. Car seat foam is one of the things that is much harder to find and much more expensive as a result.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I looked at TMI covers for my 1990 GT seats and they were $377 in late March. Now the same covers are $455. That's a 20% increase.
I think maybe TMI had a sale going on in March and am pissed at myself for missing out.

Thankfully I don't need them right away and I can keep my eyes out for another sale.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don’t hold your breath!!! Gas prices reported in CA last week are over $6/gal. Guess what that does to all the products being delivered.
Where on earth did you see this? I see $4...

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
441 Posts
Just checked, the Distinctive Industries Pro Car seats I paid $1092 for in Sept are now $1274.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at TMI covers for my 1990 GT seats and they were $377 in late March. Now the same covers are $455. That's a 20% increase.
I think maybe TMI had a sale going on in March and am pissed at myself for missing out.

Thankfully I don't need them right away and I can keep my eyes out for another sale.
Exactly the same scenario here for my '66.

·
Registered
196 Posts
CJPP still lists the lower prices. Would you place the order and gamble that they honor it?

($510 on their website for 65/66 white pony Sport II vs $850 on TMI's)

Edit: $713.99 when added to cart. Suck a lemon, CJ. These price bumps are absolutely insane. The Pony Sport II upholstery pretty much doubled, I seem to recall the Sport II at $429. How can you justify that kind of increase?

·
Registered
1967 Convertible Shelby clone
88 Posts
Not only the price- when I checked a few months ago there was about a two month delay for delivery.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just checked because I was curious - the same Pony upholstery in Sport that I paid $420 for in 2020 is now $650. Wow.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn! glad I ordered my '67 Sports and foam a few months ago, at the lower price!!!
Now just have to wait MONTHS to get them..

·
Registered
844 Posts
We are unfortunately experiencing inflation on everything. Low interest rates are fueling the fire.
To a point it is low interest rates. Supply chain disruptions are having a bigger impact on prices. As of a few weeks ago, there were more realtors than listings in the US. Don’t get me started on building supplies. Shop build put off another year because I won’t pay $6-$7 for a 2x4. Sigh.

Auto manufacturers have had to stop production at times because of chip shortages.

I heard it is getting hard to get a cam too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The company my wife works for us in San Jose. Reported numbers there a few weeks ago were $5.29/gal. Also reported higher numbers in Southern Cal.
I think somebody's been pulling your leg. Car parts prices are ridiculous, but I don't think the price of gas/oil has much to do with it.

·
Spammer Hammer
10,840 Posts
Possibly. I checked earlier and saw $4.29. So it isn’t far fetched. Regardless, you guys are arguing semantics here. The point is, the price of commodities is directly affected by the cost of fuel to deliver those goods. If you think the price of gas is as high as it is going to get you are lying to yourselves. Therefore, everything we purchase as consumers will follow suit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts