Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found that 69 seats will bolt right into my 65 but my question is are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing this. Do you sit any higher/lower? Is the steering wheel in your lap, etc.

TIA,
Brian & Dad
65 coupe
69 coupe-just got it the other day

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I just traded some 69 seats out, and have another set I will be sticking in my 67, since the wife hates the bench seat. From what I am told the seat frames are pretty much the same with the exception the 69 has a locking seat back with a lever on the side, and of course the headrest. If that's the case, then I see no reason they would set any higher than your stock seats.

Once I do some measuring and If they are the same dimension as the earlier frames, I was going to put new foam & upholstery for a 67 on mine to make them look as close to stock as possible.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i have a set of 69 seats for my 65 fstbk. i set them in the car just to try. seem perfect, set in place also very well. mine are not the highback mach 1 type. just standard with headrest. seems to be much more seat than a 65 type. much more comfortable. later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts