Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track car is almost finished (YAHOO!!!)

Any ideas for adjustable seat sliders?

I’m currently using stock Mustang sliders mounted to Kirkey seats, and they just don’t go back far enough.

To make them work I would need to mount to the rear floorboard. I have some safety concerns with this, as well no one but I would be able to drive the car.

I think I have the FAT part figured out!!! :wall:

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
When I put the seat risers in my car (Coupe) I used a 1.5" hole saw and redrilled the clearance holes in the floor approx 3" back. I used the plugs I drilled out and welded them into the previous holes then mounted the risers over the new holes :winkgrin:
Kind of extreme, but I wanted to have legroom.
Oh, and I also cut the risers down about 1.375 IIRC :chainsaw:

·
Registered
373 Posts
What midpack said worked for me too in the race coupe I'm building now. In my street car, I mounted the sliders on a set of late model seats an inch further back, and had a spacer that went from the bottom of the track in the rear down to the floor. That helped. Then I lost 70 lbs, and the problem went away ;-)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm using a corbeau slider assembly on my side mount safe craft seats. Range of motion is pretty good. Seat pans have been lowered about 1 1/2" also. Also moved my steering wheel back towards me to get it off my thighs.
Pic of slider setup..

here
and here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts