41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i like it and am looking for something similar for my 66. I do not want fiberglass and was only able to find the ssworxs flares at the link below. Not only do i like the look, but i have rust problems right around the wheel well openings that this would allow me to cut and replace vice replacing the entire fender.

To address one of your concerns, you could consider adding wheel spacers to address any gap issues...at least until you determine a long term solution for tires/wheels.

Would the shop be able to replicate what you have for purchase?
Yes, I had seen the SSWorx flares in the past, but they aren't really flares as much as they are crescent shaped pieces of metal you would still need to shape into flares... It also makes me nervous that I don't believe most the pictures on their site are actually their flares - there is even a picture of Mike Maier's Ol' Blue...

I am sure they could replicate these for you. It is a modification of their SV1 universal flare, but I had them make them a tiny bit smaller and add a rolled lip. I ordered them recently, so if you remind them of my name (Ian Ellis) I bet they would still have the notes. It is a husband and wife operation - her name is Sarah and she handles most the ordering. His name is Kimxon and he is the one who actually hand rolls the flares. I am very impressed with the quality!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks! About how much of the wheel well do you think you'll end up cutting out to get the flares to fit?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ended up buying a fender roller and not only rolling the rears (pain in the a**) but pulled the entire quarters out close to .75". I'd never attempt this with a car in paint though. A little trimming of the inside lip and was able to fit 255's on the rear of my 66.

I really wanted some steel flares but options were minimal and my fab skills were not quite there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I made my own flares front and back, 1 1/2'' including the inner rear fender which was then welded to the outer for a factory look. The rear differential is 1'' wider per side (out of a 69 Mustang so I have tons of room in and out, tire and wheels still to be determined but no dropped and lowered for this guy, hate that look.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I made my own flares front and back, 1 1/2'' including the inner rear fender which was then welded to the outer for a factory look. The rear differential is 1'' wider per side (out of a 69 Mustang so I have tons of room in and out, tire and wheels still to be determined but no dropped and lowered for this guy, hate that look.

View attachment 738072

View attachment 738074

View attachment 738075

View attachment 738076

View attachment 738077 View attachment 738078 View attachment 738079 View attachment 738080 View attachment 738081
Thanks for sharing! Any chance the car is painted? Would love to see it painted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts