You get a variety of benefits.
1. Cooller stance than stock
2. Proper raking (if done right) to eliminate nose in the air factory ride
3. Lowering springs are usually also stifer springs so you can gain in corner performance
I have my FB lowered with mid eyes springs in the rear, drop springs in the front and the shelby mod and it sits really nice IMO and handles pretty darn good for a 40 yr old with only new stock suspension compenents...off course my www.streetortrack.com strut rods came today so it will handle even better after I fix the motor
4. Lowering the front with the shelby mod (drops the a arms 1 inch and gives bout 1/2 inch ride lower) improves steering geomoetry for better performance
5. Give the car that full wheel well effect with the stock size tires as they just about touch the fender lips.
PS....I just had to throw in the old animation
Would that be Perryville Md. I have a cousin that lives there. I will be coming up soon to work on a project in Gaithersburg, What count on the leafs on the springs did you put in? What is the height of the rear now with the reverse eye ?