Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the question......
I do not usually have regrets about selling a car because it usually means something else is in the works. But at the time I sold the car I couldn't find this Marti Report. Ran across it organizing the end of 2019 receipt box and started wondering if maybe I should have kept it. Too late now...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I've regretted selling most everything I've ever sold! There was something last week negative in the "media" on the validity of Marti Reports.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Really? Huh, didn't hear about that.
I'm assuming they were talking about mega dollar stuff, but not new if you Google. You sell something, you're going to have some regret. Look forward.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I've seen too many posts like this. I wouldn't sell mine for a few reasons... 5 being my grandkids who watched me build the car and beg to ride in it in the summer with the top down. Another being the "time and money" factor. I'd never get back what I've put into it.
They're still out there. Put the word out that you're looking. I almost considered going to Oregon for one back when I was looking... then found the one I'm driving up the street from my house (Marshfield, MA) for $3200.
I was a happy man that day. Lots of work, time, and money later... still happy.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Serious question. Has anyone heard anybody ever say, I'm glad I sold my classic Mustang? I surely haven't.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
No doubt the unscrupulous have Dobro. I was referring to guys like us who hang around with guys like us, not the flippers who screw the oversea buyer quite often.

·
Banned
3,546 Posts
Depends on the condition of the car and how many heartaches it's given you. If it's sat in your garage or driveway for years without any work being done on it and taking up space or if it's a money pit that keeps needing repair after repair then I could see why someone would be glad to see it go. Especially with these cars being 50+ years old and them having a lot of electrical gremlins, multiple coats of paint, bondo and other body work from accidents and other issues, if you have a car that you can drive but you have to keep repairing stuff again and again... I'd probably be happy to see it go and hopefully be able to break even in the process.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
That is the question......
I do not usually have regrets about selling a car because it usually means something else is in the works. But at the time I sold the car I couldn't find this Marti Report. Ran across it organizing the end of 2019 receipt box and started wondering if maybe I should have kept it. Too late now... View attachment 740861

REGRET,,,,,Wifes car is Z paint and Parchment interior.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Its just stuff and you cant take it with you.

If the house burns to the ground and we are standing in the street watching it burn, Im going to thank God that we are alive and my loved ones are safe. Im not going to give a crap about the cars in the garage.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I wish I hadn't sold a running driving 66 Springtime Yellow with black interior, 289 and 3 speed I had gotten from a high school buddy for 500...was gonna fix it up for my wife...we would be a 4 Mustang family probably...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts