Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see this type of thing posted frequently, and now I realize why it is done. Was approached by an individual interested in my car, offered enough to at least break even. The guy I bought the car from was more than not up front about some of the issues and I trusted his word ( I hate when I do that) so had to sink more $$ in this car than anticipated .

Enough blabbering. I know this is impossible to do with out inspecting the car, but what is it worth. 1968 J code GT Convertible. Power top, manual drum brakes, deluxe interior, late model roller block (6 months new), ford cam, air gap manifold, stock heads, dual exhauat (hooker aero chamber mufs), stock exh manif, C4 with console. Body is very clean - but it is an older paint job has a few very minor blemishes but looks good when you are next to it (it is red). Interior parchment with a parchment power top. Except for the vent windows all chrome looks very good. Full GT logos, wheels, gas cap, sill stripe in lieu of C stripe. No exterior rust, there is some rust underneath. Looks, runs and drives great.

Don't want to sell, but could use the $. Opinions and comments are much appreciated. I know many of you have been down this road.

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well I am in no position to address the value of the car but I can speak to my experiences...I have had 6 Mustangs in my life and have for whatever reason been forced to sell each one except for the 1970 Mach1 that I have now.....If you are financially unable to keep the car then life circumstances may force you to sell the car but it gets harder and harder to get another one later in life...I waited about 6 years to get the one that I have now and I never plan to part with it however someday I may have to as well.....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Around 7500..
No purist interested due to engine mods..
You do hae thee interest of the veert crowd but no A/C in the deep south is a turn off. More people got to realizee A/C in any car is almost a must nowdays especially if a wife is concerned in the money spending..
"rust underneath""?? is that floor pans and rails or just some basic surface rust that wouldn't even be noticed if hit with some paint?
Wouldn't think guys who hae put alot of time into their cars need to ask what it is worth..you know what you paid so just start from there but don't expect to get more than 50% of your reciepts back..labor is nothing in the price figuring. hope the ebest for you...

·
Registered
122 Posts
boy, that is a tough decision. i hope i never have to make it. sometimes you do what you have to do, but all i know is how many people that came up to me at gas stations and various other establishments saying that they used to have a car like mine and have regreted selling it since. it makes me feel good to see the smile on their faces as they remember their car, at the same time i feel kinda bad that they no longer have the joy of it. good luck with your decision. the apache indians beleived when a craftsman builds something that their soul becomes a part of it, makes me wonder if its true with restoring a stang. my wife seems to think so :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts