Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look squarely at bob ...

Finally got my car to some sort of public event to show off the fact that I did HAVE a car, and that it was actually closer to done than everyone might think...

And amazingly enough, my car pulled down a second place out of 4 cars... I know, nothing too exciting, but for it's first time and with all the little imperfections I can see... I was quite thrilled. Not enough to beat the HEAVYWEIGHTS of the '64 to '73 Modified class yet... but it's gettin' there...

anyways, pictures.....

Here's the four cars in my class....

There's my car...

Here I am with my car....

And here's Justin (jcode68), Erica (Justins SWMBO) and Jeff (jthompson)

And here are the rest of the pics to check over...

If you will notice, we are missing a bob who for some reason wasn't able to make it at the last minute to the show.... What a slacker! :)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Until I have independent verification, I still say you don't have a car. No one else who was there has spoken yet; did they see you drive it in Hmmmmm. ::

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! We had one when I was a little kid, and he lived... 13 years... my parents got another one a year or so ago, and I'm hooked on him... He rules! He exudes so much personality, it's just amazing.

·
1,214 Posts
Hey Rich

Does that guy know you are touching his car??

:)

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Like Shaummy said: you're not supposed to touch other peoples cars unless they give you permission to do so.

I'll believe it when you drive it to Des Moines and show me. Title and all. :D

-bob

(seriously... congrats... car looks great)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I was there...saw it being driven and even heard the exhaust leak! ::

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried to bring forward the title, but you didn't seem to think that was evidence enough before!

Slacker. :)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
"Slacker"????? ....I thought we agreed it was "Wuss" !
:D :p :D :p :D :D :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice car. And he even let Jeff give it a polish :D. Had a great time seeing you guys again. The VMFers did very well, all taking home a trophy. Randy

·
Registered
643 Posts
It was a fun show, and maybe someday I'll beat that darn '67 fastback. How many times can a green car beat a red car anyway :: Justin

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whiner.

errr... Winner, that's right.. Winner... You're a.... winner. :)

:D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Awesome, I never doubted you for a second! ::

Problem is, now you can drive your car, and I can't drive mine anymore. What a reversal of 4 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts