Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original 1970 chin spoiler (D0ZZ-65001A06-A) and the original box. I purchased the spoiler in 1978 right after I bought my 70 Metuchen Mach 1 (0T05H108212). The plan was to install it, but never have. I am toward the end
of an 8 year restoration and noticed the spoiler in my parts storage. The car doesn’t have the original engine and will have disc brakes, so it won’t be totally original. It can’t be concours, but I would like it to do well in the original daily driver classes. My dilemma is to install this NOS spoiler or sell it to someone that would benefit by it being on a concours correct undriven class. Not to mention the extra cash could be used to purchase other parts for my project. Would this NOS part make my car do any better in judging than using a reproduction spoiler?

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's a hard one. I would personally probably sell it and let someone with a concours car use it; but, I can totally see the value in using the original part (especially when it's essentially "free" to you since you bought it so long ago).

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Depends , what price do you think someone would pay for it?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
WOW! That would buy 300+ new '67 Camaro spoilers! (I like those first Camaro spoilers on a 'Stang, They were popular and are kinda small and subtle)

Do a fleabay listing and put a crazy high reserve on it the first round.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
yup, i'd sell it and buy a repro, then you'll have more play money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts