Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally get to start the Capri again, the oil pump quit a few months ago, and I had no compression in the no. 8 cylinder. This motor was supposedly rebuilt. So i had it rebuilt again, when my machinist took it apart, he said it had apparently been rebuilt several times, using the same parts. All the pistons were cracking, the rod bolts were stretching, the connecting rods didn't fit quite right. Well, $1500 later, I have to prime the oil pump, and drop in the dist. and my SWMBO will have her car back(and I can get my truck back). Wish me luck, I will let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Merc. Capri huh? Nice looking cars. I had an '84 RS and an '86 RS they look much meaner than the Mustangs. I plan to own one again someday but I'm gonna have to go south to get something rust free (Chicago area). Boy I got pulled over ALOT in those cars! The cops don't seen to bother me in the vinage iron though. Good luck!

·
Registered
815 Posts
great job on your Shelby - nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the pic taken from underneath! hope you keep your site updated...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts