Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got lots of smiles and waves today just on the way to get gas.

At the light near Mobil One, old guy in a pickup smiles as he nods. In Mobil One, employees stud at the window glazing at my Mustang. Pulling out of Mobil One. Winged out Civic pulls up beside me with a bunch of guys in it (school must have started). They were all checking it out. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

On the way home, 2 chicks in a van honked and waved.

One of the many joys of owning a classic Mustang /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lucky! You must have got some of my appreciation today!

To and from school today I got bad vibes /forums/images/icons/frown.gif But I'm glad you got EXTRA attention today, that's what we need more of!

BTW: yesterday i was riding away from the theatres in my friend's volvo and we pull up to a Porsche Boxer with a 30-40 yearold driver. I nodded to him the *approval* nod, and he looked away in disgust. Sheesh.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
It is getting to the point of ridiculous any more...
Sometimes when you stop off at the store or auto parts house you aren't in the mood to engage in "Old Cars I (or a buddy of mine) used to Own" conversations, but I still try to be affable; The problem is that it used to be on occasion but now it's become routine.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Mu 66 coupe got 2 thumbs up today. Both people were in Chevy pickups. Guy in new Bullit Mustang passed me without even looking over. Go figure.

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
I agree with you. I have owned my 65 for 11 years and while it always got admiring looks it is nothing like I receive now.

I go to the bank on Saturday and a new young chick teller starts talking to me about it and when I come out 3 middle aged guys are gawking all over my car and start talking to me about it. I then go over to the Tim Hortons to pick up a coffee and come out and 2 more guys are looking it over. This happens so much more frequently now than it used to.

It is almost like the world has opened their eyes and realized these old Mustangs are neat cars /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts