Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had a nice cool rainy day today and figured it would be a good time to work on the 65. First I installed a Z Ray engine crossmember. What a nice piece of hardware! Honestly I bought it just for the jack pad but I have no doubt it will greatly stiffen up my front end. Anyone who is on the fence about buying should just do it! Once I was done with the crossmember I moved on to installing a set of Street or Track adjustable strut rods. I did a Borgeson conversion a while back and was only able to get +2 degrees of castor afterward and the return to center isn't great, hence the new strut rods. I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the strut rods and can hardly wait to get the car to the alignment shop later this week! Both were very easy projects to do in my garage with basic tools and total took about 3 hours to complete both. Had a little issue with my harmonic balancer blowing itself up that I need to take care of too now. Gotta love hotrodding lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still waiting to afford / buy /build a set of LCA's worthy of installing mine , sigh
I really wanted to do LCAs at the same time but it just wasn't in the budget. Maybe next year, I really want to do a full opentracker roller set up.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Speaking of Z-Ray cross members, where has ole Z-Ray been....haven't seen any posts for quite a while now....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you like your borgeson ? where can I buy a Z Ray engine crossmember from?
Love the Borgeson set up. I had a manual box that was completely worn out and had a ton of slop in it. For me just replacing the box would have been a huge improvement but add in the power steering and better ratio and it was fantastic. I got the crossmember from his eBay page but I think Opentracker may sell them as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where can one purchase a ZRay crossmember? Tried googling it with little results
I bought mine from his eBay store. He is also a member of this forum and you could try sending him a PM.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Speaking of Z-Ray cross members, where has ole Z-Ray been....haven't seen any posts for quite a while now....
still kicking the can down the road. I’m getting a little slow on the draw, so recently more “likes “ than posts (that would’ve been repetitive).

Z

PS. Havoc65 , thanks for the kind words about the crossmember. Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
744 Posts
still kicking the can down the road. I’m getting a little slow on the draw, so recently more “likes “ than posts (that wood’ve been repetitive).

Z

PS. Havoc65 , thanks for the kind words about the crossmember. Enjoy the ride !
Good to know you are still around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
596 Posts
Love the Borgeson set up. I had a manual box that was completely worn out and had a ton of slop in it. For me just replacing the box would have been a huge improvement but add in the power steering and better ratio and it was fantastic. I got the crossmember from his eBay page but I think Opentracker may sell them as well.
how much play /slop do you have with the borgeson

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a fault somewhere, on my second box now....... I was expecting the return to centre to be better im running 5 degrees of caster
That’s a bummer. I have a little less than 2 degrees of castor but the return to center is ok, not great but ok. Hopefully after I get it back from the alignment shop it’ll be much better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts