Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
im 17 x8 as well but a 245/45 not sure if the tyre makes a difference
It may, I had 15s on there for a year after the conversion and when I went to 17s last fall the return to center seemed to improve some. I’ve also played with the pump pressure a bit to make the steering feel heavier, again not sure if that makes a difference but I like it better.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I'm glad I got the crossmember and did it when I did the SoT front end package (stage 4). All very nice.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Stick with what you have. Once you have the cash get the upper and lower, AND the camber kit. I sitting at 5* caster, and 3* camber with the SOT kit. Love it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It may, I had 15s on there for a year after the conversion and when I went to 17s last fall the return to center seemed to improve some. I’ve also played with the pump pressure a bit to make the steering feel heavier, again not sure if that makes a difference but I like it better.
Any hints or methods for reducing the pump pressure please?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I got the car aligned and on the road again. The difference is night and day! The return to center is better, not perfect but better. However the real winner is how great the car tracks down the road. Imperfections and uneven pavement really used to pull it around but now it just drives nice and strait. On some of the rougher roads on my commute I barely even notice bumps that used to be quite jarring. Definitely a worth while set of mods!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well I got the car aligned and on the road again. The difference is night and day! The return to center is better, not perfect but better. However the real winner is how great the car tracks down the road. Imperfections and uneven pavement really used to pull it around but now it just drives nice and strait. On some of the rougher roads on my commute I barely even notice bumps that used to be quite jarring. Definitely a worth while set of mods!
How much caster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
They were able to get about 3 degrees. Tire clearance was becoming an issue trying for any more.

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts
They were able to get about 3 degrees. Tire clearance was becoming an issue trying for any more.
When you use our adjustable tubular UCA you'll be able to dial in much more positive castor using the UCA, moving the wheel back into the center by lengthening the strut rod. More clearance AND more castor!

I run +5 on my road race car and +7 on the street '70. Both with the wheel pretty much in the middle of the wheel arch.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts