Vintage Mustang Forums banner

781 - 800 of 998 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
Soon it will look like a real garage instead of a real mess. LOL.
Still looks better than what the last idiots did.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
NICE!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Wow, coming up on three years!
Glad to see you are moving forward and finally seeing some progress in the right direction, I bet it has been a stressful and distracting thing to deal with - it will be good to get it behind you.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Wow, coming up on three years!
Glad to see you are moving forward and finally seeing some progress in the right direction, I bet it has been a stressful and distracting thing to deal with - it will be good to get it behind you.

I had to go back and look, I couldn't believe it's been almost that long! October 2016 :surprise:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
interesting that they drill and epoxy the rebar. Looking forward to the progress!!

Allen
they do that all the time with masonry construction as no one wants to take the time to properly measure ahead of time anymore, its always an option on my foundation details on my structural drawings as i got tired of approving rfi's to let the contractor do it that way, or if i spec'd epoxt they wanted to cast them in place it never fails so i give them both options these days.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Saw this thread bubble back up to the top and thought it's either really good news or really bad news.

...can't believe it's been three years either.

...It is June of *two thousand nineteen*, everybody.

If Barbara Walters is not involved in the New Year's Celebration, I will be irate.

Just have her flash to the screen and say
"I'm Barbara Walters and this is 2020."

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Has the block gone up?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Heavy thunderstorms came through in the last few days. No rain for the next 3 days. Yeah!
I pumped out the trench for 3 hours last night, and again this morning. About 2 1/2 feet of water was in the trench. There is a lot of collapse. No big deal though.
The new contractor will be here today. He needs to dig out all the collapsed material. He needs to make the trench wide enough for the masons to get in and lay block on Saturday, 3 days from now. He will also be putting in his own sump pump today to get the rest of any more water out.
We discussed the back fill being used, it was code to use some 21A, and what is on the site. So much of this soil here is very thick clay. It is just not a great material to do back fill with. So he said he was just going to bring in new, clean, good, material that can be compacted better.
That is going to be great. The whole area around the new garage will act like a giant dry well.
This is a really good thing because the heavy clay ground around this area causes yards to flood when we get a lot of rain.

I meet with a plumbing contractor this morning. I need them to run the sewer, water, and gas. The city wants that to be done by a plumbing contractor, and a permit to be pulled.
This should be No problem. The plumbing company says they are going to take damn good care of us. My wife works for a large local Township Water Department. They use and refer this company often. We will see. I have other people giving quotes also. It is new construction so it should be rather simple.

That is it for now.
Just playing in the mud, and puddles. Just like when I was 5, accept I am building a really big fort now. LOL.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
Block will be delivered tomorrow, and installed on Saturday.
The lot looks a lot better today. About 6 dump trucks of clay left the property today.
The trench is larger but that is OK.
Here is what it looks like now.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #794 (Edited)
Block.
I thought they would stop by today and stage things. Oh well. Not my problem if any of it ends up missing.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
Update.
This is where we are at today.
Looks like more rain in the next few days. They will be back tomorrow. Then more inspections and back fill.
Here are pic's. Looks like a real foundation. This is close to finish floor height. There will be 3 more course above the finish floor.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Looks a lot better the second time around!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Looking good Joe...looks like you got yourself a competent builder....

Happy for you after all you've been through.

John

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That is awesome progress.... you've got enough depth there where you could almost do a safe room or something under the finished floor after the inspectors are long gone....

·
Administrator
19,765 Posts
No, no, no, that's no good at all. That stuff looks all straight, level, and plumb. Not at all like what we are used to seeing back there. :)

781 - 800 of 998 Posts