Registered
4,444 Posts
Looks good!

Thanks for the numbers!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024 (Edited)
Got a lot more done today. The front, left, and right side soffit's are done, as well as the trim board underneath them. I am glad we got those installed before the birds decided to move into them. We also installed some more trim and got the place cleaned up.
Just click on the pic's, and open them up in a new tab to see them larger. We will finish the back gable on Monday.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,025 (Edited)
A little at a time.
I will be installing a 100 amp breaker panel.
I am running wire at the moment. I have the upstairs wired, and just finished installing all the can lights today. Glad I did the upstairs first. It get's hot up there with no insulation yet. I just need to install all the 20 amp outlets. I have 4 separate lines going upstairs. There is 1 line for the 3 lights on the stairwell, 10 main lights on a separate circuit, The north and south wall outlets will be on 2 more separate 20 amp circuits. I plan on having a lot of tools and toys up stairs and I don't want to be tripping breakers. This week I will start wiring the first floor.
There will probably be at least 5 lines down stairs.
It is going slow because I am a perfectionist, and I don't do this everyday. I am doing all the work accept connecting the main panel to the house with a generator bypass. That I have an electrician friend doing when he pulls the electrical permit. He will also inspect my work.
Here are pic's of the upstairs.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Looking real nice, and smells amazing.

I love doing electrical work. If we didn't have this COVID thing I'd come over and help you wire, we could have it smashed out in no time. I'm pretty fast at it too. Then we could hit up Logan's.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,027
Almost forgot.
Yes. I got all the soffit work done. Then painted the block to match the block of the house. I ran out of lumber to finish the trim and my lumber yard is closed at the moment. So that put installing the cedar shake shingles on hold for a moment.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
Looking real nice, and smells amazing.

I love doing electrical work. If we didn't have this COVID thing I'd come over and help you wire, we could have it smashed out in no time. I'm pretty fast at it too. Then we could hit up Logan's.
That would have been great.
Maybe someday we will be off lock down and we can get together. If I get done this summer, and if the Wu settles down, I will invite you to the garage warming party. I doubt that the virus will be gone by then though.
You don't want to visit this side of the state at the moment. It is dangerous, as I know, you are more than qualified to know.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You're way ahead of me now, looking good!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad to know that all the stupid people are not working in the south. My sister/inlaw hired a church friend to pour some on grade slabs around a freestanding pool.she thought they would be formed up and flat but when she came home from work there it was a 4" slab following the contour of the slope in the pool area , part on pretty steep slope.,Lesson learned don't pay in advance

·
Registered
486 Posts
Almost forgot.
Yes. I got all the soffit work done. Then painted the block to match the block of the house. I ran out of lumber to finish the trim and my lumber yard is closed at the moment. So that put installing the cedar shake shingles on hold for a moment.

Nice given without a dime on your part.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,365 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,034
Little by little I am making progress.
The longer this takes the more patient I get when things go south. My garage door arrived. Of course it was shipped with the wrong track, and no cosmetic hardware. Not exactly sure who's fault that was. I have to wait for the new/correct track to get the last, top piece installed and get this part of the build done. It was only supposed to take a day for my garage door guy to install but stuff happens. I am very impressed with the way it is made and how it looks. It is so hard to know what to expect when you see images on a website. This Safeway garage door is MADE IN THE USA. It is 2 inches thick, insulated, and steel on both sides. It is not cheap but it is damn nice looking, and sturdy as it gets.
I got the first floor window in. I have to say. These Anderson 100 series windows are worth every penny. They are very nice windows. Are they more expensive? Yes. They should last a very long time, and you get what you pay for.
Lastly.
I have been wiring the first floor for electricity. I have the lights installed and working.
Here are some pic's.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Wow, that is a super nice door. Now I'm rethinking my boring old white doors.... nothing has been ordered yet, I've only gotten quotes.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,037 (Edited)
Another milestone.
The Garage door and Garage door opener are installed. I am really happy with the door, and garage door jack opener. Great quality. The door company is Safe-Way Door. The door was expensive, but anything 10 feet tall and 18 feet long is going to be. Why not spend a little more and get something you like looking at for years to come?
The garage door opener was a Chamberlain Jack style. I got it on sale a Lowe's.
We had snow flurries here today, and it is cold. It is so nice to have a door and not a blue tarp.
It will be hilarious when someone pulls on the door handles. The are the fake kind and attached with magnets. I just didn't know if I would like the hardware. I didn't want to drill permanent holes in the door. Maybe I will one day.
Pic's.

1021 - 1040 of 1069 Posts