Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1061 - 1069 of 1069 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
Air hoses are for the birds these days. I like Milwaukee stuff. In situations like yours I would use a smaller battery. The lighter weight is good tradeoff for having to change it more frequently. And since you're up and down regularly it's no big deal. The new batteries recharge astoundingly quickly too. Plus the batteries are the same as their many mechanical tools. It's gotten to where I just use air for tires, painting, sandblasting, and blowing debris off stuff.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Wow that looks great Joe.... I'm guessing when the attention is turned to the inside it will be surgical room bright and clean when it's all done.

John

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Looking good!

I spent a lot more money up front, but when I started my home renovations 11 years ago one of the first things I researched and bought were paslode cordless nailers. I bought a framing and trim nailer. Since then, I've replaced every piece of trim in my house except door frames and added crown molding to every room, and added wainscotting/chair rails to two bathrooms, the hallways, and a few rooms. Never having a cord has been so freeing. I also resided our entire home using a paslode cordless stapler.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,064
I will have to pick up one of those staplers. I didn't realize what a pain, and how dangerous it was going to be when you are 20 feet in the air.
All the lower stuff is easy and the air hose isn't a problem. Since the gable ends are 28 feet high I plan on renting a lift to do that. So I can deal with the hose for the under 14 feet sections.

We got the back/upstairs gable window in today. NERVE racking when the window sill is 16 feet off the ground and behind you a few feet is power lines.
My brother walked it up the ladder. I was inside on a ladder over the staircase opening, holding the window in by my fingertips. It was sketchy for a few moments.
I had been holding off installing the 2nd story windows for a few reasons.
I needed help and my brothers were busy. The damn birds built nests in the window sills on both sides and I did not want to kill the baby birds. The weather was not cooperating.
The birds grew up and left the nests, the weather was OK, and brothers were available so today was the day.

I am very happy. When you open the lower window and the upstairs window the breeze is amazing. It must have dropped the upstairs temp by 100 degrees. Now I can resume work up stairs on rainy days.
For now I am not installing the larger front window. I might do that after I have dry wall delivered. It would be easier to have them try to load it up and through the front window.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,065
Pic's.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
If you shop for a battery powered stapler, look at the rest of the tool line. I like Milwaukee because they have more tools oriented toward automotive repair than the others. The five year warranty doesn't hurt either. The other major name brands make great stuff, they just seem more focused on construction type tools. The idea being that though you may not use the stapler much in the future, the battery can be used in an impact, ratchet, hedge trimmer, or whatever else. The batteries for any such tools aren't cheap. That I have like three different chargers for various tools annoys me. Milkwaukee has a charger that will charge 12 volt and 18 volt batteries. And at the same time. Definitely a convenient space saver.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
595 Posts
I second the Milwaukee line. My "conversion" started as a M18 grease gun for my tractors. Then i used my brothers m12 stuff and was hooked. I just picked up the M18 finish nailer for trim work i'm doing in my house and its fantastic! For what you're doing, the M12 crown stapler would probably be the ticket. Pretty light weight and you could clip it to your belt.

The runtime on these things is pretty crazy too. I have a M18 circular saw and framed my basement (roughly 800sq feet) on a single charge.

Also, between the M12 and M18 things I have come pretty close to cutting the cord on air tools. Once i get that 1/2" m18 impact all I'll use the compressor for is airing tires, plasma work, and spraying paint.

1061 - 1069 of 1069 Posts