Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow I'll be force to redo the same work I did last weekend. I guess it was bound to happen. Though when I thought about it...there wasn't much I could do.

My car has been running really warm since I gotten it. It even overheated a little once. This weekend I drained and flushed the cooling system and replaced the thermostat. That ended up not quite enough (though it did help). So I ordered a fan shroud and new 6 bladed fan.

I get them tonight and read the instructions for the shroud...DRAIN THE RADIATOR AND COOLANT so I can detach the hose.

...oh well...I may try another flush with some stronger cleaner this time so I won't have to do it for while.

Just thought I'd share my laughing at myself. Oh well.

Slade

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well, I bet it couldn't hurt. The part I hate is when you weld in a panel and decide to move/re-align it for one reason or another. Cutting out a fresh weld is a PITA.

Glad you're getting cooler though,

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Crap, I lost count of all the things I did more than once. I just called it "practice"

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Crap, I lost count of all the things I did more than once. I just called it "practice"

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Are sure you need to remove the hose for access? If it's the upper you have to remove, you do not need to drain the rad completely, only to the point to where the tops of the tubes are out of the water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts