Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright for all of you that have been following my "dyno experience"- I visited the shop today and after all the parts were there it was in the re-assembly stage! What a sight to see with that new distributor, msd coil, Ford Racing wires, bigger carb, new water pump.

The shop had to modify the bracket for the fan to fit the radiator so that along with the MSD 6AL might have been put in after I left or Tuesday morning. He said he "hoped" to have it on the dyno! FINALLY AFTER 2 WEEKS! WOOO HOOO!

Hopefully some numbers for you guys/gals tomorrow!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend finding a roller 302 block for the stroker kit. Yeah they are charging me for the dyno time its about $200 for tunning and pulls. Oh man the cost of the build- I did the engine a year and a half ago. I think the kit (crank rods pistons bearings rings) was around 1200-1500? Then you have to have the block notched for clearance for the rods. Check with a machine shop before you take this journey on.
Good luck to you if you do!

I am in Sanford Florida. I am moving though in a week to Texas. PM me if you have more questions I can find reciepts and whatknot if your more interested in everything.

·
Registered
764 Posts
cant wait to see what the mighty stroker does!!! Where at in Texas? I live around Dallas.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
A video clip would be nice too ! ;) Good luck...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try with the video clip-I will have to borrow the wifes digital camera. I know-who doesnt have a camcorder these days! ME! LOL
Will post as soon as possible!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to the shop today! Its running! and oh my gosh does it look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Dyno tomorrow! WOOO HOOO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts