Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what your thinking, here goes the ex-Californian complaining about the heat again. Of all people that should be able to take the heat, it should be a recent Californian. I thought my days of not driving my Mustang because of the heat were over when I moved to the 'rainy' pacific northwest.

Enough with the warm welcome already! ::

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah...I think I've had mine out once since Roundup! Their saying 104 degrees today! I go home after work......and hide till about 8:00. I'm suppose to play in a 2 day golf tourny this weekend....not sounding like a lotta fun ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
One of the joys of working the hours I do (roughly 6-7 -> 3-4) and having covered parking at work is that I can take my car even on hot days.

The down side is that firing up either one wakes the kids. I'm not allowed to take them if they're still asleep.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Oh cummon Kevin! ;)

Things could be worse..... You could be sweating like a pig while wearing full coverage clothing, a hat, safety glases, gloves, AND a breathing mask while spraying primer in this heat :: :p

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Argh! Flashback! I removed our asbestos ceiling almost exactly a year ago. It was only one room, about 180 sq ft, but MAN what a PITA.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you're saying I should be happy I work in an air-conditioned office where I can kick my shoes off and say cool!....I guess I am. ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Oh, I work in an air conditioned office during the day also.

I just like to punish myself in the evenings ::

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you do that just for fun. I'd like to see what you do in the winter?....or maybe I wouldn't. ::

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Last week I think 65Topless referred to Sir Strokealot as having some inflatable toys??? :: :: :p
Actually to quote Keith: "He prefers stroking inflatable water toys!"

That's all the farther I'm going with it. ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Yeah. Somebody accused him of being a kayaker of all things!

He is a whitewater rafter. What did you think I was talking about, Mark? :: :: ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Since when are kayaks inflatable?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Since when are kayaks inflatable?
Most arent, although I've seen them. That was my point. He strokes inflatable water toys(rafts). He doesn't kayak, he rafts. Rafts are inflatable, kayaks aren't.

Here's the original post.

You are one kinky kayaker.
This is what I was responding to.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Rafts are inflatable, kayaks aren't.
Correction, most aren't.
http://a1072.g.akamai.net/f/1072/2062/1d/gallery.rei.com/regularimages/491050.jpg
And, yes I know you said that already! ::
Okay the REI employee has left the building. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
What??!! No link to the page where we can buy it?
::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
*LOL* You guys just kill me :p

Keith's right on! I'M A RAFTER!

I like to use an I.K. (Inflatable Kayak) on occasion but I prefer to RAFT. Anyone can take a 2ft wide single man craft through an 3 ft wide slot, but it takes a REAL MAN to run a 4ft x 14 ft long raft through one ::

BTW Brian........... Even though REI sells those things and people look up to them for quality, that's one sorry excuse for a whitewater IK.

Now Here are some REAL inflatable whitewater toys :: http://www.nrscatalog.com/product_list.asp?deptid=661

Oh, sorry bout the hi-jacked thread there Kevin :p

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
that's one sorry excuse for a whitewater IK.
I know the pic is the cheapest one we carry...but it looked the most like a kayak, purely for illustrative purposes...only you'd know the difference, FREAK! ;)
I should have known you'd call me on it. ::

The Innova stuff is as fancy as we get with the IKs.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So to get things back on track, where's the inflatable umbrella to keep the sun off you? ::

1 - 20 of 21 Posts