Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Argghhh! I'm still not able to ride my Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. Until I go back to the neurosurgeon at the end of the month. Recuperating from neck disc surgery. That puppy has 2053cc's and 125 ci and way over 100 hp. It will rock. >:)

Nice! Mine is just a little 300CC fuel injected 2 stroke :D

Typically around 68hp and wheelie on command in every gear. It will flat rip. Not for the faint of heart, but a perfect single track bike. Tons of low end torque right off idle, and almost impossible to stall. Absolutely love the bike.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yep! Baldwin county gets a little hotter than we do, by several degrees...... It's nice to live on 70 acres and I can do anything I want...lol You could not pay me to live in a city.

How hot is South Dakota right now....lol :grin2:
Only have 3 acres here but it is really nice not to have a neighbor 10 feet away on either side, which we had back in South Dakota.

From what I've seen South Dakota has experienced 85*+ over the last few weeks with some humidity levels around 70% - good for them :grin2: . . . but come Dec/Jan/Feb when it's below 0 with the wind blowing 30 mph+ I'll be thinking of all my friends and relatives while I'm siting on the deck in my t-shirt and shorts drinking a cold beverage. >:)

John

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I crack the garage door a couple inches and pull down the attic steps.

When I climb the steps and sit at the top there is a big breeze from the hot garage air moving into the attic to expel out the roof vents.

Lowers the garage temp about 15 degrees.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I'm trying to put a new wiring harness in my '82 vette and it is out in the sun with no starter installed etc. For the record, the vette is tighter to work in than the stang. However, I have cursed both equally.

Red head (not too bad at 63) and the '66 I have to fix.

The blessed vette I'm rebuilding.

One of the red heads manical Chihuahua's will bite your fingers clean off! Little bastage. 'bout how I feel like this time of the year...lol >:)

This retirement stuff is hard on an old soul...lol >:)
Did you call that vette blessed? Auto correct perhaps? Lol....I have BLASTED 92 vette my wife keeps nagging me to get running and sell. I absolute hate working on the wiring on that thing. Maybe if my hands and arms were about half as meaty it would be easier but even then, there are things that just fit together like a puzzle. They only fit one way, they are absolute snug, no room for wiggle. At least with a puzzle, you don't have to remove 3 other pieces to put another one in. Unfortunately most of the work seems to occur out in the sun.

Our little fur ball would be so excited to see an intruder she would pee all over them!

One saving grace about my shop is that the garage door opens to the west, where most of the wind comes from. Deliberate selection when I built it. Still would love to get some AC in there though, it was registering 96 and 73% humidity inside the other day.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Typical midwest weather here, time for the 90s and 80-90% humidity. This makes round 2, and just in time this weekend when I need to mow again. Hasn't killed me yet, don't expect that to change anytime soon. Grew up in this weather, and then spent 5 years in south FL where it's even worse. I'm pretty calloused against it.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I can't work on anything bare metal from June until the end of august in SC, I cover whatever I'm working on with sweat and it rusts :lol:

I'm a lot more "used to it" than my wife. As long as I have a lot of water, I can spend the entire day out in it, my clothes will look like I just jumped into a pool with them on. My wife will hide in the A/C all day.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Ive always said that here in Georgia and in Tucson, when humidity hits 20% it makes the news in both places.

Those big HF fans help.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I've got one of those little rechargeable desk fans clipped to my chair when I'm at shows to blow some air on me. Makes it way more tolerable this time of year. And since it charges off USB, I've got a battery pack with me that I can plug it into if the battery dies. But so far it's run for 4 or 5 hours off the first battery charge.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Ah, but here, west of Atlanta.....

...... there's a nice occasional breeze.....just enough to twist my already glued headliner material, for my Civic, back onto itself, ruining it.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN!!! FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN!!! FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)Cheers,M

>:) AC is king down here.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Bought AC for the garage for the 4th celebration. I'm going to celebrate the garage AC this weekend while installing my new headers with temps around 90º! They are currently installing AC in the old building where I work. In another week the only thing non AC in my life will be the Mustang!

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN!!! FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)

Cheers,

M

I was up near Jamestown, NY visiting my family the week of the 4th. He had some nice weather, but there was some seriously heavy storms most days from 3-7pm.

We went to Niagra falls On friday, the 5th, and my parents said they got torrential down pours in Bemus point, and my sister over near Rochester said the same. Somehow, it was beautiful and never rained a drop in Buffalo.

I was surprised how hot it was up there. High 80's most days.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It's going to be 113 today in Phoenix, and a bit more humid since the monsoons are moving in, but mostly a dry heat. :crying: I had a co-worker from England come over to AZ in mid-Summer and he asked what to expect. I asked him did he have an oven, and he said Yes. Heat that bad boy up, and then open the door with your face in front of the open door, and that is what it will feel like when you step off the plane. When he got here he agreed as it was like being in an oven, but at least he didn't sweat.

Thank God I air conditioned the garage a few years back otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything until the Fall.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
It was 113 in Vegas when I went last year. Hot is hot.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
We'll see what we can do

Cheers,

M
Maybe a little Nor'easter action in February? Last time I was in Connecticut we tried to beat one back to the Hartford Airport. No luck, we actually got on the plane but the snow was following the snowplows down the runway. They would scrape a black spot and it would start tuning white right behind them. Came out of the hotel next morning and was about 24" deep. I'll visit you guys in the summer, thank you.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts