Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the movie about Mozart, one of his symphonies was criticized by the "court composer" for having too many notes.

Well, I have too many projects and sub projects. I'm getting dizzy trying to determine what to do next. I did make a decision and ordered an Amazonian flat screen tv to replace my squealing lobstser one. I spent hours last night trying to find a replacement main board for my old Sanyo and I only found it listed on one place. His listing said "not available and we don't know if we will ever have another one". I guess that answered that question. If I could get the board I could easily fix the thing. I spent hours last night reading about a dozen models of flat screen ultra HD, HDR, 4K, "smart", Alexa, fire tv?, wifi now in the TV?, TV operating systems and a bunch more crap that I'm not sure a TV needs to have in it.

I have fortyleven sub projects still to do on the mustang and no idea how many on the Volkswagen. I don't want to even start counting on it yet. I did try to weld my drill holes shut on my cowl. These are the holes that I stupidly drilled myself. I finally gave up, cut the holes out in sections and have sectioned in fresh patch metal. While I had the sections cut I examined inside the cowl and cleaned everything out and they are ready to be sprayed inside with inner coat/inside coat, whatever. I kept catching my cardboard protectors on fire so I got mad and ordered some real welding/grinding blankets. The rubber on one of my rear splash shields just decided to crack in half and fall out so I re-rubbered the splash shield. This is not a happy exercise. The new staples were spread out too wide and actually springy so hard to bend back in to the correct width to go through the holes. After 23 days, my 3m Weld thru 2 came in. Luckily I ordered 2 cans this time.

I have a fracken jungle out on my property. My shrubs and trees have been fruitful and multiplied and also branched out. A lot of stuff needs a hair cut and a lot more unwanted stuff needs to be chopped. I'm still raking up spikey balls from my ginormous sweet gum tree. Can you believe the spell checker on here passed ginormous? LOL.

I have the hammer knocking washer to fix and I took it upon myself to build myself some dumbbell bars for my substitute disc rotor weights. Haven't figured out the dumbbell bars yet. My disc rotor wights all needed clean up and fresh black paint on them. I need to cut extensions for my bar bell to raise it up to the level I need for bench press. I unthinkingly sunk the stands in concrete down about 2 feet too low.

My zone in Texas has been getting so much rain that I can't even keep the mower ahead of it. At least for the moment the riding tractor mower is somewhat reliable and running. It often becomes another project to fix. I have accumulated another pile of branches, brush and leaves to burn

I need to go to the gun range, LOL. Oh, forgot at least one more project. The firing pin plunger lever on my 45 has malfunctioned. I need to FIND a reputable 45 smith and then BOX up my 45 and MAIL it off to them and in Texas I have to send it second day air. Its the law.

And just for giggles and snickers, one more project. If I ever get down to it, I need to replace the make shift back porch I built for the place I moved in to and replace it with something nicer like oh, a back porch deck and brick patio sort of a design deal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you for the laugh, Herr Mozart. My yard is the scourge of the neighborhood 3 to 4 weeks at a time...My '69 will get finished on schedule, so the green pool will open later in the season than normal. Other than that, all projects are temporarily suspended:D

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I hit that a while back,and I am purging stuff right and left.

I actually have a written plan to clear stuff out, and focus more on less.

Simple things pay dividends, for example, I am in Texas also, and for $10, the lawn people that already do several houses on the street, come by once a week, move, edge, weed whack,and blow away / clean up the grass and stuff. Back yard is shaded, and I have only had to mow it once this year. It is $10 well spent.

Ebay is running a special, 50,000 free listings. I am listing and selling tons of stuff.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
For your .45, this is the guy that I use. He used to be in California, but got tired of all the BS and moved to South Dakota. He reworked the action and trigger on my Colt Combat Commander. It's now smooth as silk and it can out shoot my buddy's Kimber. Jack First Gun Parts

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

Simple things pay dividends, for example, I am in Texas also, and for $10, the lawn people that already do several houses on the street, come by once a week, move, edge, weed whack,and blow away / clean up the grass and stuff. Back yard is shaded, and I have only had to mow it once this year. It is $10 well spent.

Ebay is running a special, 50,000 free listings. I am listing and selling tons of stuff.
$10.00!!! Around here it's $100 to just mow and blow.

Reactions: stephen_wilson

·
Registered
968 Posts
A while ago an older gentleman told me that he was getting rid of all of his stuff because his stuff just created just angst and work for him. At the time, I thought he was nuts. Now I have gotten to the point in life where I can appreciate his feelings. I'm not ready to get rid of my stuff yet, but my "to do" list is a lot like yours and it would be nice not to have to worry about all that stuff.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
707 Posts

Feel free to post a link to the good stuff!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love WiFi TV. I commandeer the television with my phone at random whenever I see my wife spending more time on Facebook than watching. I’m usually halfway through an episode of “Bitchen Rides” before she notices.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
A while ago an older gentleman told me that he was getting rid of all of his stuff because his stuff just created just angst and work for him. At the time, I thought he was nuts. Now I have gotten to the point in life where I can appreciate his feelings. I'm not ready to get rid of my stuff yet, but my "to do" list is a lot like yours and it would be nice not to have to worry about all that stuff.
I hear that, after a certain age you start to realize you won't get it all done in your lifetime ... I have a FF race car project, the Mustang stripped down, a major Toyota SAS project, not to mention the house and pool to maintain, and our regular vehicle maintenance.
Some days I wish I could just be a regular "Johnny 6-pack" , with nothing more to worry about then getting through the work week and getting lit on cheap beer watching sport on the weekends !

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Good gosh, hope my TV doesn't turn into a "squealing lobster"! How will I know?!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've decided that when I 'm gone I don't care what happens to my stuff wife kids who ever can sell it ,give it away i don't care . When I retired from my full time HVAC service job I decided that if I wake up & don't feel like doing anything that's what I do . Love the flowers & blooming trees the grass not so much since I live far out in a rural area of the county there is no one to say my grass has to be cut or else ( other than my wife ) . So for the most part life is good kids all live close so I can see them & grandkids as much as i want

1 - 13 of 13 Posts