Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took second in the Participation vote of the Modified class in South Bend Indiana today. I Met Dmcq there what a great guy.
Read his thread a couple down.
The good deal, well maybe good deal I turn down?
It was a set of 429 CJ pistons for .030 over bore on 1970 Ford Rods. NEVER used. They were dome top with the valve recesses in them. Don't know the brand couldn't find a name on them. The guy Bought them for his car then decided to go with a flat top piston. At least thats what He told me. When Dmcq got there I told him about them and we looked at them. the guy who owned them wasn't there right then to ask what brand they were.
Doug thought they look like a good deal too.
Oh the Price????? $100 for all 8.
SWMBO said NO!
and It would be a very long time before I would use them.
What do you think deal or not?????

·
Registered
680 Posts
Tony: I warned you the other day about wanting to go faster....You are not listening....
PSSSS.....Hey buddy(Whispering so better half don't hear) I have this 460 setting on the motor stand in my garage. 460 crank in the 429....instant cubic inches.....MORE POWER...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehe, Your funny Steve. Your right tho!
SWMBO would skin and hang me!
No Dear I'm not doing nothing!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I knew I should have stuffed a few more ballots into that box! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Excellent job and a gorgeous car. As for the piston/rod combo, they were a set of 8 D00E rods mounted on the domed, .30 over pistons. The only symbol I noticed on the pistons was sort of a letter "U" with curly legs. I don't know if that means anything to anyone or not?
Great weather, lots of great cars but the honeydew list had me leaving early. I did get to watch TFOB and TFOB Jr. change spark plugs and I just cant' remember which one had no deductions...was it you Tony? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
All the best,
D

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
I was at that show (the White 67'GT 350), I thought your car was sweet. Thats a tough class to even place in. Didn't run into anyone selling a $2000 67 Shelby though.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Roddster,
I saw your car, what a beauty. That was a great car.
I didn't know that was you. I would have said Hi. DId you see my son and myself with our VMF T-shirts on?
We will be back next year so holler at us and we'll sit and chat for a while. You had a nice shade spot there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts