Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, after putting a new tranny pan on my coupe (makes a world of difference, btw), we got to work on my trailer. This spring when we painted the stripes, the gold dust paint got contamination in it and the end result looked like a stripe with bad acne scars. The only solution was to sand the gold stripe--carefully avoiding the $400 color-changing stripe--and repaint both sides. It turned out pretty nice and yesterday we got all the pinstripe tape on the sides, too. The tape really defines the three stripes well. Looks pretty awesome! I even managed to add a few decals to the lower sides and back. Still have to put two big decals of the "Smokin' Ponies" on the rear door. I think anyone at the GN will be able to spot my trailer easily.

I think after a couple more nights of putting some detail time in on Murphy, I'll be ready for the GN. Have to do a little touchup, paint a wheel, and wax.

My friends and I went out for our usual Sunday dinner last night and we're already planning our trips for 2003 and 2004 to shows. Gee, think we're hooked on this hobby? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Ok, I have to ask, what kind of pan (B&M, stock, ?), and what did it improve? Operating temp? Or leakage?

Of course, this might be a dumb question, since why would you put an aftermarket pan on a concours car, but...

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a repro pan for a C-4, a new part that has just been reproduced. My original pan had a number of dents, creases, and scratches in it that we couldn't fix well enough. My coupe used to serve as my archaeological field vehicle. I've driven the car offroad, through the desert, and up a creek bed once. I treat it a little better now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts