Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was fun! The local club I'm thinking of joining had a fun run up to this restaurant called the Dam Diner since it's right next to the Dam by the lake. About 10 or 11 mustang met about 10 minutes from my house, and drove up together. Got to talk to one of the other members who has 14 cars. Then my 7 year old son decides to tell everyone, that aint nothing my dad has 27! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gifhehe! actually only 22, he was close.

A couple of the members never saw a bench seat before, so that kind of intrigued them with the vert. had a good chat with a few over eats, and got to play with one of the 65's on the way back into town, until we spotted a cop car about 3 cars in front of us! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Got to talking with the guy in the 65, and found out he has converted his steering gear box over to a newer dodge power steering gear box that is suppose to be all in the box if I heard him explain it correctly. Meant to take a look afterwards, but forgot! He also had converted a set of bucket seats from a Isuzu Impulse to fit in the 65. They looked pretty good as he had the upholstery redone to match the 65 style. The seat height was level with the top of the doors, just like the mustang buckets, the only thing sticking up was the headrest. Pretty nice considering they have the Lumbar controls and all.

Over all had a really good time tonight, considering swmbo had to stay home to study while I went out to play with the other ponies! The club has a workshop coming up, I think I will check it out, and make my decision then whether to join or not. Tonight I did notice there seems to be certain groups that hang with each other, but that's to be expected when you get 20 to 30 people together.

One member offered to help me with the 67 a/c conversion as he has done 2 already, he said piece of cake! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Sounds like you had a real good time! Would like to find out more about that Dodge P/S box, please post it if you ever get the details. Its been quite a while since Ive had the chance to get out for a night with the car & the friends (2 & 3 year old girls to watch in the evenings) so Im glad to hear that you could do it.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 year olds! That's th fun age where you get to chase them all over, and by the time they settle down, the nights over with..../forums/images/icons/wink.gif My kids are just starting to get to that age (7 & 9) where I can take them with me, and not have to worry if the wander to far from the table and such, makes it nice that they can feed themselves as well! *LOL.

I'm sure I will probably see the guy again, I think he is signed up for the work shop this next month, so I will ask him then.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Thank you, Doug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts