Vintage Mustang Forums banner

tools in trunk

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mlnielsen 
#1 ·
Rear brakes are now replaced, bias adjusted, and the stopping power is much better. Thanks for the help.

I am now organizing my extra parts, tools, and jack I keep in the trunk. I always have a hard time getting everything tied down so it doesn't move around during hard cornering or burn-offs.

How are others tying down tools and parts? What kind of stuff do you carry in your trunk?

#2 ·
Just the basics: dual head screwdriver, pliers, crescent wrench, extra fan belt, gallon of water, and the uber-tool: duct tape !!

I used to jam my tool bag down into the wheelwell to keep it from sliding around.... Dickson

#3 ·
Here's my general list, I obviously remove some items for my vehicles that don't apply.

Screwdrivers
· Multi-Purpose Unit
· Phillips- Stubby
· Phillips- Offset
· Slotted- Stubby
· Slotted- Offset
Hose Clamps
· Fuel
· Heater
· Radiator
Hose
· Vacuum
· Fuel
· Heater
· Radiator
Tools
· Knife
· Ratchet with Flexible Head
· Ratchet Extension
· Spark Plug Socket
· Vice grips
· Pliers
· Diagonal Cutters
· Metric/SAE Socket Set
· Battery Cable Wrench
· Lug Wrench
Parts
· Spark Plugs
· Rotor
· Distributor Cap
· Fuses
· Alt/Water Pump Drive Belt

Other
· Carburetor Priming Bottle
· Bailing Wire
· Electrical Wire
· Electrical Tape
· Duct Tape
· Rag
· Battery Jumper Cables
Fluids
· Oil
· Power Steering
· Brake
· Coolant

#7 ·
I was making a U-Pull-It run last week getting parts for a Ford truck. On the way back what appears..??
A young lady and 2 kids with a flat! No spare, No jack, No phone, way too hot.
The amazment on her face when I pulled a spare tire, floor jack and a HUGE 4-way lug wrench out of my trunk was priceless. Went back to the U-Pull-It to get the other tire (it was to be my spare)
the parts guy liked my tale and gave me the other one free!
Bruce (TX)
It's good to be good!

#8 ·
i presently have a jac and a spare flat tire in the trunk.
Since ive only broken down twice in 35 years or so of driving and bothe times it was a broken timing chain/gears and one of the 2 times was when i pulled in my own driveway ,a Mustang, and the nylon teeth went south . The other time it was a Chrylser product timing chain,had it towed.
oh ....one other time in a parking lot near home i had to replace a starter, BUT that was a Chrysler too. So one tow in that many years, i feel i owe something to the tow company yet.
P.S i dont do Chrysler products anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.