Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the quest to try and purge my shop of 30+ years of stuffing stuff everywhere, I came across this. I do not remember fabricating this particular tool, but I'm not gonna toss it in the trash. I even stuck a label on it so my future self would know what is was for. Show some tools you have built for your Mustang.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Looks a lot like something I made for transmission cooler line fittings.
Do you have dimensions for the spring removal tool?
I would love to go through your junk pile. One mans trash ...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
This modified 60+ year old wrench lets you tighten the top bolt of your new fancy starter from behind the bell housing after you install FPA headers. Works awesome, sorry grandpa for destroying your wrench.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I designed these plates so I wouldn’t have to remove my TTD’s and bearing caps to do the alignment with my Longacre magnetic caster camber gauge. Had them 3D printed to test fit first. Had them machined I steel plate afterwards.

View attachment 756602

View attachment 756603
Not as fancy, but got the job done.
We have a CNC idle at work at this, and probably many more moments. Care to share the file?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
[QUOTE="patrickstapler, post: 10345733, member: 52081"
Question, how would you know the gauge is centered on the flat plate you posted?
[/QUOTE]

Old fart knowledge? I was right on other than halving the caster measurement when compared to the Audi super computer alignment machine. Still trying to figure that one out?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The first one is indeed a trunk torsion rod tool for 1967, maybe more years, convertible and coupe double rod systems. You can buy them pre made for about $15. I got mine from West Coast Cougar a year or so ago.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,106 Posts
I have a deep socket that I modified that I ground off the top on either side to leave 2 pins for removing the deep radio retainer nuts from the late 70's to early 80's Ford radio's. It also worked for removing the wiper switch retainer nut on my 69 Coupe.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I made a fixture to hold my vent window assemblies to be my extra set of hands. It allowed me to drive the rivets straight down, instead of at an angle. What it lacks in beauty is made up in price. Free!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a super-crude tool I hastely made to change the valve guide seals on a Isuzu 4 cylinder. Worked on the 289 also when I swapped valve springs.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I have more bent and welded wrenches than I can shake a stick at. UCA nut wrench, header bolt wrenches, 7.3L IDI injector line wrenches, etc. Any time I need a special wrench I go to the pawn shop and buy one for 25 cents, take it home and modify it.
Don't mean to make this sound perverted, but show me your UCA nut wrench. :) I'm being serious because taking those nuts off to do an alignment is a pain!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Or this one to torque/tighten that flare fitting on the high press power steering line at the rear of the pump.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts